Toyota C-HR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been thinking to change OEM halogens. Because poor visibility at night is not safe for me. I'm not a fan of the way HID or LED,
it seems that more people choose LEDs to replace the stock halogen headlight bulbs. As a matter of fact, it is easy to replace OEM halogens to LEDs.

17.jpg
15.jpg
18.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
5.jpg

·
Registered
126 Posts
That looks nice. Please do share the link. Also, which year is your C-HR? Did you have to change bulb for fog lights too. I believe 2019s come with led fogs

·
Super Moderator
323 Posts
I did HIDs on mine. I don't understand why you don't like HIDs. I've had my HIDs since I bought the car new. Actually replaced the stock halogens within a few days of taking delivery of my car. I got them from Xenon Depot. They're the 35W XTR kit with the 5k bulbs. No issues what so ever with them. And haven't had any light projection/cut off issues with them either. Because the headlight housing are projectors for our cars, you have to be careful of which bulbs you select.

The whole setup is plug and play. The only tricky part is routing the wiring and where to mount the relay and ballast. I wanted a stock look so it took me longer to install my kit. There is a PWM module option which you won't need. It's for situations where the headlights double as DRLs. The stock halogen bulb for our cars is a 9012. So what ever replacement you're looking for, it has to be compatible with a 9012 halogen setup.

As for the fog lights, I do think the 2019 model year went to LEDs. Not sure as I did a retrofit of the OEM LED system in my 2019 LE.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not allowed to post link here 😓 But you can search lasfit dot com, then type “Toyota C-HR” in the search box.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Congrats Dot! Which bulbs did you go with? Can you share a link?

Thanks,

Striker
That looks nice. Please do share the link. Also, which year is your C-HR? Did you have to change bulb for fog lights too. I believe 2019s come with led fogs
I'm not allowed to post a link. You can search lasfit dot com, then type “Toyota C-HR” in the search box. For 2018 2019, the headlight bulb size is 9012, you can select the bulb size you need
As for the fog light, it is H11. But the OEM fog light is LEDs, these after-market LEDs do not fit.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have the Lasfit in mine - real easy to install and much better light than OEM halogen.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Here is a screen print from the LASFIT web site. The "Whole Package Kit" appears to be 479.99. If I add up the separate pieces of the package kit, the total is 434.89 (see my computer calculator in the lower right hand corner of the attached screen print. Can someone point out what I am missing? Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
I also did an HID upgrade on my 2018. The reason I went with HID over LED (which I actually like the look of better) was that the vendors were stating, at that time, that HID's work better in projector housings and even went as far as NOT recommending LED's in them. They only gave the explanation of LED's being designed for the reflector type housings.
I know lighting technology is constantly changing, so do the new LED's now work in the projectors?

·
Registered
45 Posts
LASFIT LA Plus Series 9012 LED Headlight

The LASFIT LA Plus Series 9012 LED is a true plug and play product. Out with the stock yellow halogen and in with the white LED. Now the headlight color matches the DRL's and Fog Lights. The LED's seem to provide a bit more viewing distance but not a lot...which is fine with me because my only concern was the color of the light.

The LASFIT web site wanted 79.99 (free shipping) but was able to pick them up on the LASFIT 'Bay store front for 49.99 (free shipping).

Thanks to prior posts for pointing to LASFIT. Very happy with purchase.

PS: The LASFIT LA Plus Series 9012 LED is a step down from the LASFIT LS Plus Series 9012 LED installed by others who have posted to this thread. The LASFIT LS Plus Series 9012 LED was out of stock at the time of my purchase. At the end of the day, the LASFIT LA Plus Series 9012 LED was probably a better match for what I was looking for.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just put the Morimoto 2Stroke 2.0 LED's in my wife's 2019 and it seems the beam pattern is almost too focused. The hot spots are very pronounced and seems as if there's almost a little glare between the two. There also appears to be a spot on the passenger side which looks like light should be there but isn't. Basically where the curb or guard rail would be on the passenger side is dark. I haven't put the stock halogens back in for comparison but once I do it might make me change to HID.

I went LED originally due to the ease of installation but the light output overall is a little underwhelming thus far. The color is on point though!! Matches the DRL cluster perfectly, so aesthetically they are great.

-Russ

·
Registered
88 Posts
Nice, I have the Lasfit LA series in mine.

·
Registered
45 Posts
For anyone choosing to go the LASFIT route, just a reminder to google on the bulb(s) that you wish to purchase. I ended up purchasing from the LASFIT 'Bay store, another vendor on the 'Bay, as well as Walmart web store. By shopping around you can save between 18% to 47% on individual bulbs. Overall I was able to save 32% from the LASFIT web site prices for the set of bulbs that I purchased. All vendors had free shipping. All bulbs purchased were genuine LASFIT bulbs.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts