Toyota C-HR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some teaser videos from a few reviewers. Actual reviews are embargoed until March 8 (day before Geneva Auto Show). But for now these are useful to see a bit more about the US model.

I can't post the links cause I'm new here, but perhaps someone else can!

Redline Reviews teaser -

TFLCar teaser -

·
Registered
410 Posts
Toyota is doing standard features right with automatic high beams, adaptive cruise control with full speed range, etc. These features will be standard across the C-HR range and that makes it the only sub-compact to do so. Usually those cost extra.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Usually features like ACC and automatic high beams are part of a drivers convenience package or tech package of some sort. Really happy that they are standard. One more day until the embargo is over so we'll be able to get much more information in regards to it. The standard 18" wheels are also nice too, I'll still end up changing them but I'll keep them for Winters. Anyone thinking of downsizing for Winters though?

·
Registered
410 Posts
One thing that stuck out to me was the lack of standard Android Auto or Apple CarPlay. Seems like something the C-HR should have if they're aiming for the younger crowd.

·
Registered
551 Posts
making it standard is too easy, they know young people have more leverage with credit and not as many obligations, so having features like that as an upsell is another way to get money from them. out of all demographics that younger one is primed for upsells.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Toyota isn't trying to upsell buyers CarPlay or Android Auto, they're trying to move away from both of them and offer their own SmartDeviceLink platform instead. Not quite sure how well it'll pair with our mobile devices once it's available.

·
Registered
153 Posts
That's another issue... so far the industry is plagued with infotainment and phone connectivity issues whether it be a regular Subaru Impreza or a darn Maserati, so when they want to implement their own system, it worries me.

·
Registered
551 Posts
its always better for us as consumers to go with whats tried ad true but during this era where we have seen a lot of different operating systems it can't be that hard for a company to come up with its own. There's a lot of copying they can do which they should. The rest is tailoring the systems design and certain functions to be unique to them alone

1 - 9 of 9 Posts