Toyota C-HR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello hello. I've owned dozens of Toyota's throughout the years and I've been keeping a close eye on the new CH-R. I was really interested until I learned that both the manual and AWD options were restricted to the UK. So unfortunately I think I'm going to have to hold out until there is a confirmation of more options available to U.S customers.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Welcome to the forum Terry. Yeah its a bit of a shame that there is such a discrepancy between models from region to region. It makes sense that Asia is seeing aftermarket kits before us, but I don't know why the UK was offered more options for its release. They also got the JDM body style that a lot of U.S owners hope to swap to.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Japan got the all-LED version... and hybrid...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I don't know why Toyota did that. Hopefully there isn't much involved in adding these options to the N.A platform. I guess they weren't sure whether or not they would sell here? I know sales in the U.S have been lower than they expected, and imo thats because they didn't go with a universal platform.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Yeah I don't know why Toyota did that. Hopefully there isn't much involved in adding these options to the N.A platform. I guess they weren't sure whether or not they would sell here? I know sales in the U.S have been lower than they expected, and imo thats because they didn't go with a universal platform.

and lackluster advertising campaign..

·
Registered
203 Posts
Yeah I mean did you see the alien and monster commercials the C-HR got in Japan? You had to admit that they definitely don't lack creativity. It makes sense for them to gauge consumer interest in its place of origin, before expanding those options into other markets...don't know why Europe got a head start though.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hello

1 - 7 of 7 Posts