Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I picked up a new 2021 C-HR XLE Premium (Bronze) the week of christmas. I added the remote starter feature (controlled with my iPhone) since I am used to having a remote starter and living here in Toronto. So far I'm loving the vehicle, but I haven't really driven it all that much. I am coming from a 2013 Ford Focus hatchback. Overall I feel this vehicle has the same overall shape as my Focus, just higher up from the ground, but has a much better looking interior and has a better sporty handling and better features as well. I never thought I'd leave the Ford family, but here I am and am loving it!
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hello all. I picked up a new 2021 C-HR XLE Premium (Bronze) the week of christmas. I added the remote starter feature (controlled with my iPhone) since I am used to having a remote starter and living here in Toronto. So far I'm loving the vehicle, but I haven't really driven it all that much. I am coming from a 2013 Ford Focus hatchback. Overall I feel this vehicle has the same overall shape as my Focus, just higher up from the ground, but has a much better looking interior and has a better sporty handling and better features as well. I never thought I'd leave the Ford family, but here I am and am loving it! View attachment 6355
Congrat's on your new vehicle.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Congrats...I pick mine up on Monday, Blizzard White. What remote start system did you get and who installed it?
Thanks. And congratulations on yours. I got the Evo Start 2. It uses an app on your phone rather than a fob. I purchased it directly from my dealership in Ontario. However they outsourced the install. Quite happy with the starter. Good luck with your new vehicle

·
Super Moderator
2021 Toyota C-HR XLE in Blizzrd Pearl
95 Posts
Thanks. So you purchased an aftermarket remote starter, but through your dealer, then had it installed at a third party installer via your dealer, sound right? Where was your built? I think mine is from Turkey, but I'll know for sure tomorrow.

·
Registered
2020 C-HR 1.8 litre engine, Hybrid, Japanese factory build.
7 Posts
Congratulations, the car looks great. Petrol or Hybrid? Just curious, what's the advantages of the remote start? I don't think that is available here in Australia.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Congratulations, the car looks great. Petrol or Hybrid? Just curious, what's the advantages of the remote start? I don't think that is available here in Australia.
Thanks very much. Mine is the petrol version. I don't believe we have a hybrid version in Canada. The advantages of the remote start is warming up the vehicle/engine in our harsh Canadian winters. The same will be true in the summer with running the AC for a few minutes before getting into the vehicle.

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
There is no hybrid version available for the North American market unfortunately. The overseas markets get the better options over us.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.