Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i am a first time Toyota owner and love my 2021 CHR, only issue is the single usb port. I have seen several posts about usb splitters and taps but i tried this and it didnt help me for what i wanted. I want to be able to have my thumb drive with music plugged into a usb , and i would also like my phone to connect to Android auto so i can use the navigation feature on my screen. I cant figure out how to do both. Thanks in advance for any help.

· Registered
79 Posts
Ok so i am a first time Toyota owner and love my 2021 CHR, only issue is the single usb port. I have seen several posts about usb splitters and taps but i tried this and it didnt help me for what i wanted. I want to be able to have my thumb drive with music plugged into a usb , and i would also like my phone to connect to Android auto so i can use the navigation feature on my screen. I cant figure out how to do both. Thanks in advance for any help.
I'm on the same boat...
I use my usb flash drive to play music. I simply wanted an additional usb port to charge my phone. Unfortunately when I tried this using usb splitter, android auto will automatically connect, while making my usb flash drive unavailable.

· Registered
15 Posts
I'm on the same boat...
I use my usb flash drive to play music. I simply wanted an additional usb port to charge my phone. Unfortunately when I tried this using usb splitter, android auto will automatically connect, while making my usb flash drive unavailable.
You likely need a USB storage with powered pass-through port

· Registered
13 Posts
Up front I'll be honest I've never had this issue because I don't use a USB drive for listening to music. However I have used USB drives connected to my phone. So maybe what you need is connect the USB to your phone And the phone been connected to the port on the car. I think you do this by having a USB hub connected to the port on the phone.

To have a second charger port in the car I just use the cigarette lighter outlet with an adapter that's in the little armrest in the center console. That charges my wife's phone while we're driving and my phone can be connected to the USB port to talk to the infotainment center.

· Super Moderator
2021 Toyota C-HR XLE in Blizzrd Pearl
96 Posts
I want to be able to have my thumb drive with music plugged into a usb , and i would also like my phone to connect to Android auto so i can use the navigation feature on my screen.
put your music on your phone, then use YouTube Music or some other player to play your music on the phone, through the radio. you can still use the phone through the radio for navigation...am I missing something?

· Super Moderator
2021 Toyota C-HR XLE in Blizzrd Pearl
96 Posts
Look in your armrest. There you can charge your phone.
there should also be a 12v plug to use a real charger for the phone in there....I also have 2 USB ports on the rear of my console for the back seats, although no one sits back there....oh wait, my little cousin did this past weekend, lol. but he was only visiting.

· Premium Member
25 Posts
I have an Echo Auto plugged into the USB port. It is a very small device and works great. It works through my phone and is picked up right after I start my car and shows
up on the center console. Besides music Amazon has a number of stations like OTR radio and news. They are inexpensive and are nothing to install.

· Registered
2 Posts
Up front I'll be honest I've never had this issue because I don't use a USB drive for listening to music. However I have used USB drives connected to my phone. So maybe what you need is connect the USB to your phone And the phone been connected to the port on the car. I think you do this by having a USB hub connected to the port on the phone.

To have a second charger port in the car I just use the cigarette lighter outlet with an adapter that's in the little armrest in the center console. That charges my wife's phone while we're driving and my phone can be connected to the USB port to talk to the infotainment center.
Hi, I'm currently driving a Lexus CT200h hybrid and I'm collecting my new 2022 C-HR next week. Currently, I mount my Samsung phone using an airvent phone holder. My phone can charge from a very short lead down to the cigarette lighter. It's a no clutter system that works well for me in the Lexus. I can play my Spotify music wirelessly through the car speakers using the car's Bluetooth function, while navigating using the Google maps on my phone. The navigation directions just cuts across the music seamlessly. I never used the navigation system in the Lexus CT as it's clunky and basically useless. So when I get the C-HR, my understanding is that I need to connect the phone to the car system for navigation. Does this charge it also? I want to be able to charge the phone as well as use it when mounted in front of me.. Do I have to have a cable running from inside the centre armrest of the car up to somewhere on the airvents or the dash? Sounds a bit messy. Am I missing something?

· Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I'm currently driving a Lexus CT200h hybrid and I'm collecting my new 2022 C-HR next week. Currently, I mount my Samsung phone using an airvent phone holder. My phone can charge from a very short lead down to the cigarette lighter. It's a no clutter system that works well for me in the Lexus. I can play my Spotify music wirelessly through the car speakers using the car's Bluetooth function, while navigating using the Google maps on my phone. The navigation directions just cuts across the music seamlessly. I never used the navigation system in the Lexus CT as it's clunky and basically useless. So when I get the C-HR, my understanding is that I need to connect the phone to the car system for navigation. Does this charge it also? I want to be able to charge the phone as well as use it when mounted in front of me.. Do I have to have a cable running from inside the centre armrest of the car up to somewhere on the airvents or the dash? Sounds a bit messy. Am I missing something?
Apologies if my question is stupid - I've only test-driven the C-HR car and I've never had/used Android auto play before.

· Premium Member
25 Posts
I have an Echo Auto plugged into the USB port. It is a very small device and works great. It works through my phone and is picked up right after I start my car and shows
up on the center console. Besides music Amazon has a number of stations like OTR radio and news. They are inexpensive and are nothing to install.
Just set up Apple Car Play on my C-Hr. I really like it. Also a number of third party apps work well with it...

· Registered
2021 Toyoda C-HR Dark Blue
28 Posts
hi, i use the under dash usb for my thumb drive for music, then plug my phone into the port in arm rest for phone power. instead of using android auto, simply bluetooth your phone and you should be able to use it for maps while playing from jump drive. thats how im able to use both in my 2021 c=hr xle

1 - 16 of 16 Posts