Toyota C-HR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I live in Israel and I got my CH-R with a the basic multimedia system (without a GPS)

I was wondering if someone succeeded to add an android system to the existing multimedia system or to add on the GPS.

Thanks,
Yoadp

·
Registered
248 Posts
Welcome to the forums and congratulations on getting a C-HR. Adding on something like that is definitely beyond my tech capabilities so unfortunately, I would be of no help at all :(

·
Registered
257 Posts
Not sure if Toyota will offer Apple CarPlay or Android Auto anytime soon since they don't want to their infotainment systems controlled by Apple and Alphabet / Google.

As for doing it yourself and essentially hacking the system, there really is no way to do that right now. At least not as far as I know.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I too was wondering if the basic head unit could be upgraded with NAV and better audio performance. Has anyone done this? If so how please. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Maybe the Toyota Touch 2 system is called something else outside of Europe. But it seems like the Drivelink option only works with certain phones and may not be compatible with newer devices.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I've seen that the Drivelink works with Androids through the Playstore but with iTunes it says "Toyota Link"

Is there a difference?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Here in the US, we don't even have an option for Navigation on the latest 2018 C-HR. The radio is pretty simple and no apps other than the "AHA" app are loaded in the radio. I do wish they would have at least allow for Android and apple integration.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello people,

It is possible to install in the touch&go 2 an application for ambient sound (like a equalizer : rock / pop / classic ..... ) because the sound is poor !! :(
thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts