Toyota C-HR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed an HID kit with 5K bulbs and the Centre Console Tray from Amazon.

Will post pics when I get home.

·
Super Moderator
329 Posts
Nice. Went with something similar from Amazon for the center console storage tray. It's a bit frustrating that Toyota could have designed the same thing but have it integrated as a whole with the top arm rest. What I mean is having two release latches. One which just opens the arm rest cover to expose the storage tray and the other latch to keep the storage tray connected to the arm rest to allow easy access to the space below.

I don't see the pics for your HID install in another thread yet. What kit did you end up using? I used the kit from Xenon Depot.

Reactions: Magneto

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know right? Every car I've had up to now had the two release latches for both compartments in one centre console. I guess they really were cutting costs for the Scion brand.

Pics are up. I'll take evening shots today and post them.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Magneto,
Thanks for sharing this! Do you have a link to that Center Console Storage? I love that it's mounted vs. just a drop-in!

·
Super Moderator
329 Posts
Magneto,
Thanks for sharing this! Do you have a link to that Center Console Storage? I love that it's mounted vs. just a drop-in!
I don't understand what you mean by mounted vs drop in. All the center console storage trays are drop ins. Including mine which is similar to Magneto's but configured a bit differently.

·
Registered
86 Posts
It's my bad ZX10Guy, I was looking at his first pic and thought it looked like the add in storage was slotted in to the back hinge for the lid, so it could flip up as well. Looking at it again, I think I'm mistaken. Please do correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Super Moderator
329 Posts
It's slotted in the back to allow for the clearance of the hinges so the lid can close. The entire tray drops in and does not swing up. You have to pull the entire tray out to gain access to the bottom storage area.

Reactions: Magneto and Striker

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's slotted in the back to allow for the clearance of the hinges so the lid can close. The entire tray drops in and does not swing up. You have to pull the entire tray out to gain access to the bottom storage area.
What he said.....and it has the optional coloured rubber tray mats. lol
I chose Black.

But I got it from Amazon Canada for about $18 CAD.
US will be cheaper.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts