Toyota C-HR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if how do you use the manual (automatic) mode on toyota C-HR? I have a pretty good Idea on how to use it, but don't want to do it yet until I really find out on how you guys do it.

Thanks,
M9F0A

·
Registered
37 Posts
Simple , just put the leaver into M in this mode you can rev the engine higher wich gets you into the power band . Simply push the lever forward to up shift to the next gear. Pull the lever back to down shift while slowing down. Its best to use this while in sport mode for best results.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Do you guys find that the manual mode increases baseline acceleration/performance? From what I've been reading online, one of the weakest noted aspects of the CH-R is its power offering. Was really hoping that something this size, with this styling would be offering in a manual transmission.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The power is fine. Sport mode just changes the chatacteristics of the drive by wire system. Eco mode will be more laggy on accel than normal mode and normal is more laggy than sport. As for acceleration being in M will net faster acceleration as you will be able to rev higher between shifts. The reason a cvt transmission is used is because it offers better feul economy , and they are easier to build than a conventional auto.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I really didn't like the response with the car in "Sport" mode .... until i put it in manual shift. Now it's FUN!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts