Toyota C-HR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently got the car and when I make a swift turn either to the left or right lane, I momentarily lose control as well as a beeping sound. Have already taken it in and I was told nothing wrong. I will be taking it back again but wondered if anyone else has experienced this problem

·
Registered
40 Posts
Recently got the car and when I make a swift turn either to the left or right lane, I momentarily lose control as well as a beeping sound. Have already taken it in and I was told nothing wrong. I will be taking it back again but wondered if anyone else has experienced this problem
Seems like your changing lanes without using your turn signals.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I don’t think this is the case, if it was, surely the car wouldn’t be out of control momentarily
When changing lanes without the use of my turn signal the car will seem to lose control (for a split second) and start beeping. What's actually occurring is the lane departure assistance is activating and trying to keep you on the same lane. On my way home there's a section where the lane splits (makes a Y). If I take the right lane I'll have the same issue you're speaking about unless I use my turn signal.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When changing lanes without the use of my turn signal the car will seem to lose control (for a split second) and start beeping. What's actually occurring is the lane departure assistance is activating and trying to keep you on the same lane. On my way home there's a section where the lane splits (makes a Y). If I take the right lane I'll have the same issue you're speaking about unless I use my turn signal.
I think you’re absolutely right it is the LTA. Only problem is that I can’t seem to switch this off. Why they make this the default is beyond me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think you’re absolutely right it is the LTA. Only problem is that I can’t seem to switch this off. Why they make this

·
Registered
40 Posts
I think you’re absolutely right it is the LTA. Only problem is that I can’t seem to switch this off. Why they make this
On my car, there's a switch (button) on the steering wheel (right hand side) that let's me turn the LDA (Lane Departure Alert/Assistance) on/off. On the user manual - page 242 (section 4.5)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
On my car, there's a switch (button) on the steering wheel (right hand side) that let's me turn the LDA (Lane Departure Alert/Assistance) on/off. On the user manual - page 242 (section 4.5)
Done that, but it doesn’t turn off. Either I’m being thick or there’s a problem. Either way Toyota will have to fix it. Thanks for the comments

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don’t think this is the case, if it was, surely the car wouldn’t be out of control momentarily
It's not out of control. It has lane assist. You will feel your steering wheel trying to stay in the lane you are in. I thought the same thing, but if you use your signal it wont do it and it wont beeps at you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Seems like your changing lanes without using your turn signals.
It is the Lane Assist. I have the same issue mainly at night in the Wet. It is like the car see phantom lanes and pulls the steering. I kill it the "Inbuilt Kill Feature." An you can not disable the feature permanently.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts