Toyota C-HR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone been successful at purchasing and installing the JDM LED headlights? Really wish they came standard on the 2019 and below CHRs, and I personally do not mind paying a little bit more to get them.

·
Super Moderator
324 Posts
You're probably better off waiting for the 2020 parts to come out as LED headlights will be available in the US market. But there might be a complication as I seem to recall a mention of the LED headlights being adaptive; as in will move left to right based on steering input.

Personally, I think you're better off just installing an HID kit. Cheaper and just as effective.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I know that in 2019 the car was factory new, and no one made new headlights for this. I have found a store that sells new LED OEM headlights for every JDM car that exists. I have bought a headlight for my car. I broke it and I couldn’t find a replacement. This store was the only one that would sell me this headlight. I looked a little bit on this store and found some headlights that look really good and they work for my car. I bought them immediately. In 2 hours I installed them, was really easy, and now my car looks 100% more awesome.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Ditto on the HID alternative.
I installed LEDs then, uninstalled them a couple of days later because the lighting was very uneven with dark areas ahead of me. I suspect that it has something to do with the LEDs on the sides of the bulb and the shape of the lens.
I purchased HIDs thru Amazon (not OEM) and they're much, much better (IMHO).

·
Registered
45 Posts
Lots of information already on the forum related to improving headlight performance if you search on "HID" and "LED"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts