Toyota C-HR Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
I do like the Modellista kits, and it would suck that I would have to buy a JDM front bumper just to put on an aftermarket Japanese lip kit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey all, a little late to the party but yes, US and JDM bumpers are different. You'd need to purchase JDM upper bumper cover, lower bumper cover and bracket to get a kit from overseas to fit.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Seems like its going to be an expensive process to make that conversion happen. Think we might be better off waiting to see what kind of aftermarket knock off kits we get here in North America. I know they likely wont be the same JDM quality..

·
Registered
350 Posts
I know they likely wont be the same JDM quality..
Hence my reservations about buying anything from foreign ebay seller... even if they have halfway decent reviews.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Anyone looking for the cheapest way around this should consider getting just a front splitter and side splitters. Buy them universal and trim to fit. For a lot of people this achieves the right amount of sportiness.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hopefully Toyota transitions towards a universal platform for the C-HR in the future. I can understand not offering the manual here in the U.S, but there is little reason to change the body style across regions.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The body differences are due to different safety impact regulations

·
Registered
57 Posts
Does that mean that changing them could result in issues with insurance claims in an accident? Definitely sounds like U.S owners might be better off waiting for some local aftermarket kits.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Does that mean that changing them could result in issues with insurance claims in an accident? Definitely sounds like U.S owners might be better off waiting for some local aftermarket kits.
You're absolutely correct, although I highly doubt the insurance company and their goons would look into it THAT deeply.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey all, a little late to the party but yes, US and JDM bumpers are different. You'd need to purchase JDM upper bumper cover, lower bumper cover and bracket to get a kit from overseas to fit.
Curious. I recently just had to buy the lower/upper bumper portion for my body kit (US CHR) and was wondering what bracket you were referring to? Is it the side bracket?

Currently waiting for the upper portion of the bumper to be shipped, so was wanting to be sure I don't need any additional parts.

Attachments

21 - 34 of 34 Posts