Toyota C-HR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am installing some quantum solenoids today for my CH-R

For those of you that do not know what it does. Here is a brief description.

Increases engine torque output for a wide range of engine speeds and increases power. You will feel the power difference right away after installing Quantum Solenoid. Engineers design the engines for maximum power, but manufacturers detune the engine for many reason. Quantum Solenoid helps to unleash the performance potential of the engines bringing your cars to life.

·
Super Moderator
268 Posts
Are you doing both the intake and exhaust sides?

I looked into doing this mod. But wasn't sure if the price of admission would be worth it. They do post up dyno charts of what one would expect. But the dyno charts don't say if this was just the intake solenoid or both. If it's both, it's way too much money for the gains for me to want to spend the money.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you doing both the intake and exhaust sides?

I looked into doing this mod. But wasn't sure if the price of admission would be worth it. They do post up dyno charts of what one would expect. But the dyno charts don't say if this was just the intake solenoid or both. If it's both, it's way too much money for the gains for me to want to spend the money.
the quantum solenoids for the CH-R are both intake and exhaust. I think it is well worth it for the gains you get :wink2:

·
Super Moderator
268 Posts
the quantum solenoids for the CH-R are both intake and exhaust. I think it is well worth it for the gains you get :wink2:
I went back to check on pricing on Quantum's website. They're not offering the solenoids individually any more. But selling them as a package. But for $500, I still think it's pricey for the gains.

·
Registered
41 Posts
5 hp and an extra 2 footpounds of torque for 500 ......nah . the torque number is where you really want your biggest increase and its just not there .

·
Super Moderator
268 Posts
To be fair, the dyno is power at the wheels and not power at the crank which is what many companies advertise. Also, absolute peak power/torque isn't everything. It's also about the increases throughout the RPM operating range. Looking at the dyno chart, there is an improvement throughout the RPM range.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I went back to check on pricing on Quantum's website. They're not offering the solenoids individually any more. But selling them as a package. But for $500, I still think it's pricey for the gains.
the main reason why is because it is not beneficial to only run 1 of the solenoids for $250.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
5 hp and an extra 2 footpounds of torque for 500 ......nah . the torque number is where you really want your biggest increase and its just not there .
the main thing to be looking at is the rpm range as zx10 said but i installed it for the better mpg. 0:)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Are you planning to do a full install write up with butt dyno results? I agree that this is fairly steep for small gains, but I'm somewhat desperate for a little more pep in Cranston's step.

·
Registered
350 Posts
the main thing to be looking at is the rpm range as zx10 said but i installed it for the better mpg. 0:)
I'd love to hear about the better mpg! Any charts to share yet? :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'd love to hear about the better mpg! Any charts to share yet? :D
there really isnt charts to show because it is a driver based and how the driver drives their car. most people enjoy the new mod and push their cars. if you drive the car moderately or the same, you will see improvements.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts