Toyota C-HR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have a North American version C-HR, and I ordered a pair of European/Japanese version Tail light with the beautiful LED strips from Croooober. Has anyone installed it too and know if I need any extra wiring kits for it to function?

Thank you!

Brian

·
Registered
56 Posts
From what I've read, it's not a direct plug n play and you'll need a wiring harness to make it work.

Can you provide us with more information on where you bought the lights from? I'm also interested in this GO Garage Malaysia harness too.

·
Registered
56 Posts
That's based in Malaysia right? Any US supplier yet? I'd be totally down for an LED upgrade for the headlight.
I'm not sure where they're based out of, but they're definitely overseas. I did run across this taillight from AliExpress. I contacted the seller and he said they would fit a US model C-HR.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just an update on my project.. The outer lamps fit perfectly and it can be plugged in using the original connector from the car. Now another question comes.. I’m trying to disassemble the inner lamps, I unscrewed caps but couldn’t take it out.. Also, my LEDs hyperflash after installing this new pair of lamps 67E84ADE-135A-45F9-8C8E-4618E44FF327_1547155736298.jpg

·
Registered
56 Posts
Just an update on my project.. The outer lamps fit perfectly and it can be plugged in using the original connector from the car. Now another question comes.. I’m trying to disassemble the inner lamps, I unscrewed caps but couldn’t take it out.. Also, my LEDs hyperflash after installing this new pair of lamps View attachment 5168
What harness are you using and where can we find one? It might be flashing until you can get the inner taillights installed.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I bought it from a guy who seems to have an online store in China, he also has a colleague in LA. He sent the harness (well, just a bunch of wires with adapters actually) to me while I was in Hong Kong. I'm not sure if he can send directly to the US (potential customs problem with auto parts). I was trying to send you a PM and include his contact but seems that the forum doesn't allow me to do it as I'm new to the forum. He sold to me for around $70 with shipping to Hong Kong. I then brought it back to New York. If you need help, I can help you get it from them and also a pair of JDM tail lights from my guy in Japan if you want. I'm based in New York state if you need help on installation and live fairly close.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I would be down for this conversion but I would also like to do a fog light conversion to JDM to fit any future kits with LED strips (TRD, Modellista, etc.) and they are suppose to connect to the fog lights or something.

Also, Crooober is legit. I had a friend bought a set of wheels off them and I'm considering doing the same.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just an update on my project.. The outer lamps fit perfectly and it can be plugged in using the original connector from the car. Now another question comes.. I’m trying to disassemble the inner lamps, I unscrewed caps but couldn’t take it out.. Also, my LEDs hyperflash after installing this new pair of lamps View attachment 5168
did you figure out your hyper flash and if so how

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm having a hard time looking for this wiring harness that allows us US C-HR owners to run JDM taillights. Anyone have a link or info on how to get this harness?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Those look like aftermarket tail lights. We're looking to get OEM JDM tail lights to work with some type of plug-n-play harness.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have installed JDM headlights and tailights in my USDM chr ( i go into detail in my IG: Projectjdmchr) I did not need any aftermarket harnesses since i understand wiring. that said, anybody can install these lights without aftermarket harnesses you just need to know how. the taillights need a resistor to prevent hyperflashing. One on each side. The otter lamps are plug and play, however you will need to run two wires for reverse signal since they are not plug and play. you also need to tap the license plate bulb for power signal for low beam illumination.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts