Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Blizzard Pearl Nightshade C-HR
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the title says. I installed a Takeda stage 2 cold air intake last night. So far I'm liking it. You can hear a slight growl under the hood now when you give it some gas. Install took under an hour with simple hand tools. 10mm socket and a Philips screwdriver. Supposedly it can have gains up to 6 extra hp, but we all know that has to be under perfect conditions. Does have a tad bit extra throttle response though, and I can hear it, so I'm happy!

Art Font Pink Graffiti Automotive exterior

Wood Font Art Advertising Signage

Car Vehicle Hood Light Motor vehicle

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How difficult was the install? I can read and follow instruction, I can do basic car maintenance. Let us know if it's worth the money and effort.
Install was not difficult at all. Just a matter of removing the top plastic cover up front that's got the push pins in it, removing the stock front intake tube held down with four 10mm bolts, removing the MAF sensor, then taking out the stock air box that has a few worm clamps and 2 more 10mm bolts. Install goes right back in in reverse order. I think it's definitely worth it. Finally got to drive it farther than my little 5 mile work commute last night. Took it on the interstate and let loose. Definitely a little quicker throttle response and a good bit of growl under the hood. I'm assuming because of the open top, it echos under the hood, but sounds good inside the cab. You won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I'm sorry for this stupid question but.... it's taking air from the engine compartment? or did you have to cut a hole in the hood??

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Top "open" section of that box fits up against the bottom of the hood and seals with that rubber trim on top. Bottom of box connects back to stock location of the air tube that gets air from behind the grille.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.