Toyota C-HR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Installed my aftermarket Eonon radio this weekend. It is the GA2168 model if anybody wanted to know. Here are the parts that went into installing it:

* Metra - Dash Kit Part # 95-8265HG

* Axxess AX-TOY28SWC Steering Wheel Controller " I used this to avoid tapping or cutting into the factory harness and I just cut off the wires I did not need. This also allowed me to retain the factory Auxiliary port

* Axxess AXTOYUSB2 Toyota 5 Pin USB Adapter to Retain the oem USB Port.

* Metra 40-LX11 Stereo Antenna Adapter

* Metra 70-1761 Main Radio Harness

Only thing I need to decide is if I want to connect the factory cam or add another one.

Attachments

·
Registered
410 Posts
Great job on the installation!
Was it a simple plug and play installation for the GA2168? It does't looks like it's sitting flush against the dash.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Awesome! A 10 unit will fit on that space? Sounds incredible! Is this unit android auto? Some reviews state some lag in response to touchscreen taps... Are you experiencing it yourself? Also, how is the sound quality compared to stock?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow. Nice!!! This is what i need.. did you do the install yourself?
Yes I did :)

Great job on the installation!
Was it a simple plug and play installation for the GA2168? It does't looks like it's sitting flush against the dash.
Thank you! Once you get the needed harnesses all you gotta do connect the wires together and then it will be plug and play on the car's side and retain the factory USB/Aux Ports too. The headunit it self is double din standard size and fits in the original radio's spot perfectly. However, the screen gets attached to the front by a little arm, which allows the screen to rotate in all directions and horizontally adjustable too. I just have mine turned towards me it looks so much nicer and easier to see that way. See attached picture :)

Awesome! A 10 unit will fit on that space? Sounds incredible! Is this unit android auto? Some reviews state some lag in response to touchscreen taps... Are you experiencing it yourself? Also, how is the sound quality compared to stock?
The main unit is double din standard size and the screen attaches to the front, see my comment up top :) The unit does not support apple play or android auto, however the unit it self has Android 7.1 and has an application which allows me to mirror my phone "Android or Apple " to the unit directly and works smoothly.

For what it is, it works great to be honest, there is no lag and boots up fairly quickly. I love using google maps on there and I have it automatically connect to my phone's hotspot. The sound quality is also surprisingly good compared to stock it is hard to tell the difference.

Attachments

·
Registered
352 Posts
very nice!

What is that thing on the left of your dash? Does it project things into the windshield?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
very nice!

What is that thing on the left of your dash? Does it project things into the windshield?
Thank you, that's a head up display unit "HUD" it connects to the OB2 port and reflects the speed/rpms/voltage and other things on the windshield. plug and play.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you for that last picture that shows how the screen is connected to the dash unit. I did not know it was like that.. Nice :)
Thank you very much !

I wanted to also add that the correct USB Adapter is the TY1 not the 2, so it would PAC USB-TY1, unfortunately I could not edit the main post.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Nice, that's exactly what i need, can you post here like a tutorial for us please?? with pics, or if u can make a video is better. and whats the name of the thing that project things on the windshield, and how to connect it please...

thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can you take a picture from the side? Also, how close is the screen to the clock and airbag indicator? Seriously considering this!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Wow that looks fantastic dude. You're definitely bound to get a lot of inquiries about a tutorial. I'm pretty sure the biggest infotainment screen I've seen was 8'. Really goes a long way in improving the look of the interior. Plus you know...your phone can connect to it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice, that's exactly what i need, can you post here like a tutorial for us please?? with pics, or if u can make a video is better. and whats the name of the thing that project things on the windshield, and how to connect it please...

thanks
I will try to do that, it was very easy actually :) The thing is a heads up display, it has one cable that connects to the obd2 port and displays the speed, rpms and some other info.

Can you take a picture from the side? Also, how close is the screen to the clock and airbag indicator? Seriously considering this!
I will try to do that this weekend :) Sitting from the drivers side, I can barely see them, but I do not care much for it as I have the clock on radio screen as well.

Wow that looks fantastic dude. You're definitely bound to get a lot of inquiries about a tutorial. I'm pretty sure the biggest infotainment screen I've seen was 8'. Really goes a long way in improving the look of the interior. Plus you know...your phone can connect to it.
Thank you :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
How to retain the steer wheel?

Meedo,
I see you install the head unit, how did you connect your wire to retain your steering wheel? I have the ASWC-1 interface, also have the toyota adapter, I just need to know if Key-1 or Key-2 wire from back of the head unit, needs to connect with some wire?
much appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
how do you make the steering wheel to work? there is Key-1 and Key-2 wire on the back of the head unit, do they need to connect with something?
thank you

·
Registered
97 Posts
For the Crutchfield kit, I had to go to Walmart and get a Micro-USB cable and pre-update/program the Axxess interface. Once that was done, all I had to do was connect the wires from the kit and connect it to the interface and it was ready to go.

The volume and other controls seem to work, have not tried the phone controls, yet.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Installed my aftermarket Eonon radio this weekend. It is the GA2168 model if anybody wanted to know. Here are the parts that went into installing it:

* Metra - Dash Kit Part # 95-8265HG

* Axxess AX-TOY28SWC Steering Wheel Controller " I used this to avoid tapping or cutting into the factory harness and I just cut off the wires I did not need. This also allowed me to retain the factory Auxiliary port

* Axxess AXTOYUSB2 Toyota 5 Pin USB Adapter to Retain the oem USB Port.

* Metra 40-LX11 Stereo Antenna Adapter

* Metra 70-1761 Main Radio Harness

Only thing I need to decide is if I want to connect the factory cam or add another one.

Does everything work? Bluetooth mic? Steering wheel controls? etc.?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Nice setup!

How much does it stick out..or can it be adjusted to sit flush with the dash? Any pics from the side?

Also curious if you got the steering wheel controls, bluetooth mic, and backup camera to work?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Also wanted to add that this video from Metra says we need a 40-LX10 for the antenna, but you're using the 40-LX11.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts