Toyota C-HR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!!
Could someone please tell me what the infotainment system in the 2018 C-HR XLE Premium (US) is called? Mine has no navigation.
Is it the Entune? or something else?
I cant find ANY information on this.
Additionally, how would I find firmware upgrades if available? The Toyota website is a nightmare to navigate (when it works at all!).
My head unit has "AXLP-Q18U T10159" printed on its face. Googling this returns no relevant hits at all!
Thanx in advance!!

·
Registered
153 Posts
If anyone would know, it would be Toyota Tech. So if they don't know, this may be a big problem. Have you tried just googling "Toyota infotainment update" and see if anything came up? What were you searching for?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanx all.
I have attempted several Google searches and no luck.
Well the first thing I'm hoping is to find a firmware or software upgrade.
I'm kind of hoping they may have fixed some things in the system that irk me...
If that's not available, I'm considering replacing the head unit with a third-party system and having this info can help prepare for the switch.
Additionally, I'd be interested in knowing the manufacturer of the unit. Any way to add or remove app? Aha radio simply doesn't work well on my system and I'm not certain that I understand why something as common as Pandora or Spotify aren't installed.
Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
80 Posts
From what I've found the head unit in North America is manufactured by Pioneer. Aha app is totally useless (mostly here in Canada lots of the channels cannot be accessed here). Too bad there isn't a apple car play or android auto.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good. News. Maxou!
At least it's some info...
I agree. I'm a android guy and would love to hack to run android auto.
Can I ask where you got the pioneer information? I am assuming it is running Linux and maybe we can hack it... Android is Linux based...

·
Registered
80 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
I agree, the AHA app is useless to me. Along with that I cannothear my voice mail, Google maps directions unless I switch to the Bluetoothapp, that sucks. Also having an issue with my email, will not display or readlike my text messages.

Searches for Toyota infotainment updates keeps ending upwith links to entune results.

Since I did not get one with a NAV installed, anyone haveany luck with getting Google maps to be mirror on the display unit, if it canbe done?

Try to check from any GRACENOTES upgrade, found the instructions, click on the link to download and I get an error message

One other thing, the backup camera is in the mirror, I donot like that. Anyone know if there is a way to get it to display on the unit?

Dealer is no help either

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good Eye maxou! Maybe we can figure something out now...
Great questions chuck! I'd love to know if we could put maps on the infotainment screen as well. We need to get this thing to run a different OS. Else I'm gonna rip it out and put in a third party radio....
If anyone can come up with any more info on the head unit, please let us know!!
Thanx!!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Well the UK (and I assume the European version) of the C-HR have a totally different radio (which is much thinner!) and they have 2 versions of it (see pics) One with and one without navigation that both use the Toyota Touch 2 system. Our best bet is finding on of those and porting it over to our car!

Attachments

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Awesome! Anyone have connections with someone with a British chr? Anyone handy with coding? And who would want to be the Guinea pig lol? Might have to hold off on the hacking project.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well doing some digging, I think the model we have installed is a pioneer AVH-2558, they use it in the Scion and the iM. Still looking to find some tech data on it.

Some software changes I am sure like the model car it is install in. Mine has, 86, iM, CHR and other.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Would someone be kind enuff to post the current software and or firmware versions that are installed on your system please.... As of 06/2017...Thank you!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have the same stuff. Not having any luck with Tech Support. Really no support at all

Anyone getting their email to display? I can get my texts to read but not my email.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have an android LG G4.

Anyone know how to get the display out with out breaking things. I want to get a look at the data blank and connections it has.

I want to put the back up camera on the display, the iM backup camera is on the display and it is the same model number, just a different Toyota number.

I be glad when folks starts posting mods, I want to get some interior lighting in the foot wells and back seat. I did this on my tundra and looks nice.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts