Toyota C-HR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a city car since I already have a beater for any long road trips and the Scion iR will be perfect if it's actually based off of the Toyota Aygo. I actually like the x design on the front and the interior looks fun too.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Since the brand is now dead you'll have to wait for it to show up under the Toyota badge.
Are you still interested in it since it'll no longer be a Scion or are you going to keep track of what shows up under Toyota?

·
Registered
551 Posts
I like it a lot, the design is cutting edge for its segment and should do well when it comes to sales which will be the ultimate test.

Now we just need to see what it will come with, specs list, and all that information we need at this time.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm also curious about the specs, features and options. More so curious just because it's unclear if it will go with a Scion approach, or fall more into line with Toyota.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Well being under Toyota and having not been under Scion, odds are it's going to be spec'd how the typical toyota is.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I guess so. Does that mean the other Scion vehicles that are crossing over will also lose their single trim thing?

·
Registered
551 Posts
I guess so. Does that mean the other Scion vehicles that are crossing over will also lose their single trim thing?
Gradually yeah, it might not make sense financially on Toyota's end to start creating packages right away but instead gradually do it as they bring out more features. No point fixing what ain't broke.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Toyota has recently gone the route of stripping out a lot of features from the base model so people have to add them back in at a cost. I'm hoping this won't be the case with the iR even if we won't be getting the nice Scion single trim.

·
Registered
248 Posts
That would have definitely been ideal. But now it just poses so much more of an income potential than it would have in that situation.

·
Registered
551 Posts
It's a great way for them to sell to people what meets their needs, plus for Toyota and just about all other car makers and well established brands overall, it's all about doing what's enough to get the buyer volume they want. It just happens Toyota needs less to sell people on the idea of owning a specific car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts