Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And traded in my beautiful 2018 Ruby Flare C-HR XLE. I loved that car, bought it lightly used last February with 14k miles on it, but- had it in the shop 3 times, had it towed twice for dead battery, had the check engine light come in 6 times, and had multiple "little" issues like the auto dimming rearview not dimming, key fob sending signal and car beeps, but doors don't lock and mirrors don't turn in. When I traded it in and the salesman showed me the Carfax, I was the 4th owner in 2 years. I'm really hoping Toyota gets it figured out, I'd love the hybrid, but this has put a bit of a sour taste in my mouth with them. Good luck to you!

·
Registered
4 Posts
And traded in my beautiful 2018 Ruby Flare C-HR XLE. I loved that car, bought it lightly used last February with 14k miles on it, but- had it in the shop 3 times, had it towed twice for dead battery, had the check engine light come in 6 times, and had multiple "little" issues like the auto dimming rearview not dimming, key fob sending signal and car beeps, but doors don't lock and mirrors don't turn in. When I traded it in and the salesman showed me the Carfax, I was the 4th owner in 2 years. I'm really hoping Toyota gets it figured out, I'd love the hybrid, but this has put a bit of a sour taste in my mouth with them. Good luck to you!
Bottom line is. this car is garbage..i learned it the hard way..when my 2021 ch-r surged while parking..and got totalled..its a total waste of money..i wished i did further research before purchasing this car..I’m never driving any toyota again..goodluck..

·
Registered
20 Posts
Lemon Law? Magnuson Moss act? Not sure but, with that history I would probably tried to hold them accountable and responsible for the repairs or replacement.:unsure::unsure:..
Now, I must admit that I have not had any problems with mine ("knock on wood" 🤞🤞). Mine is a 2019 Limited, 22K miles on it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Lemon Law? Magnuson Moss act? Not sure but, with that history I would probably tried to hold them accountable and responsible for the repairs or replacement.:unsure::unsure:..
Now, I must admit that I have not had any problems with mine ("knock on wood" 🤞🤞). Mine is a 2019 Limited, 22K miles on it.
Same here, 2019 Limited, 24k miles - no issues yet. Lord-willing, it will stay that way🙏. Just wish it had a "Sport Mode" button like my wife's 2020 Rav4... 🤣

·
Registered
2021 Toyota C-HR XLE in Blizzrd Pearl
90 Posts
just like anything consumers buy, some have issues while some do not. compare that to our beloved cell phones...same thing...refrigerators, washers/dryers, you name it. especially with anything made on an automated assembly line, the QC can vary, while you would think it shouldn't, but it does. You can go to ANY online forum for any product and have people say it's the bee's knees, and some say it is the worst product they ever owned. you take in as much as you can but at some point, you need to make a decision to buy or not, buyers remorse can be a difficult pill to swallow.

I'm sorry for those that have had issues, I'm happy for those that have great experiences. Bottom line is that this is a Toyota and they are known for their reliability, their great customer service, but EVERY car brand/model has issues.

·
Registered
393 Posts
2018 limited, 30k mi+, and only flaws is the damn dings other people's door made on my doors.

·
Registered
3 Posts
just like anything consumers buy, some have issues while some do not. compare that to our beloved cell phones...same thing...refrigerators, washers/dryers, you name it. especially with anything made on an automated assembly line, the QC can vary, while you would think it shouldn't, but it does. You can go to ANY online forum for any product and have people say it's the bee's knees, and some say it is the worst product they ever owned. you take in as much as you can but at some point, you need to make a decision to buy or not, buyers remorse can be a difficult pill to swallow.

I'm sorry for those that have had issues, I'm happy for those that have great experiences. Bottom line is that this is a Toyota and they are known for their reliability, their great customer service, but EVERY car brand/model has issues.
I agree. My CHR has been great. Besides some windshield things it’s good

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Bottom line is. this car is garbage..i learned it the hard way..when my 2021 ch-r surged while parking..and got totalled..its a total waste of money..i wished i did further research before purchasing this car..I’m never driving any toyota again..goodluck..
Sorry about your issues and problems. The car is not garbage and is a lot of bang for your buck. Toyoya is rated as one of the best cars you can buy so don't throw the baby out with the bath waTER...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts