Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
how many miles!?
It may be nothing, but may be something - as in transmission.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Hey prisy,. Hope this isn't your issue but check out these posts;
And

·
Registered
6 Posts
Bought my daughter a 2018 in 2017 and at 91,000 miles recently developed humming noise which increased with speed. Dealer said needs transmission and quoted almost $9,000.
Took it to transmission place I use for my Chevy trucks and they found it was a carrier bearing (in the CVS transmission unit).
5 weeks later after parts shipments from Turkey and Hong Kong, car is running great. Paid $3,500 with 1 yr. 12,000 mile warranty.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We have a 2018 CH-R that we had the same humming noise. Thought it was either the tires or the wheel bearings. Took it into our dealership to have it looked at. Turned out to be the transmission. Only has 52,500 miles on it, so luckily we are under the 60k mile warranty mark. Put a new transmission in it last Friday. Asked if the warranty on the transmission is extended and was told that we only have the remaining 7,200 miles on the warranty. :(

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We have a 2018 CH-R that we had the same humming noise. Thought it was either the tires or the wheel bearings. Took it into our dealership to have it looked at. Turned out to be the transmission. Only has 52,500 miles on it, so luckily we are under the 60k mile warranty mark. Put a new transmission in it last Friday. Asked if the warranty on the transmission is extended and was told that we only have the remaining 7,200 miles on the warranty. :(
yep.. turned out it was my transmission too.. only had 43,000 miles on it so they replaced the transmission under the warranty.. there should be a re-call on the transmissions!!! so will the transmission fail again within 50,000 miles??? is this a new brand?? will it do the same thing??

·
Registered
146 Posts
My 2018 just pushed 21k miles. I am seriously thinking about a flush/fill for $179 at the dealer when it gets to 25k miles just to be safe.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts