Toyota C-HR Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello :) I just bought a 2021 C-HR here in the US.
After an hour of watching videos and struggling with this,

I removed the whole housing by using removal tool towards the back of the triangle closest to the windshield.
The housing is held on by 3 snap in connectors, 2 at the bottom and 1 at the top,
Pull from botton, and swing the assembly down. Very easy
Remove cable harness
Flip over
Remove silver screws to release lens cover (MUCH different than previous years)
Replace bulbs
Reverse process

This took about 10 min start to finish after I determined this was not the same by every video on youtube.

Hope this helps.
It would be really nice if you can some pictures and point out steps 1,2,3……
we need you!

·
Registered
2021 Toyota C-HR XLE in Blizzrd Pearl
79 Posts
it would probably take longer to take photos, document each step, and post than it would to just follow instructions and give it a try....besides, he already did this, and probably doesn't want to tear it all apart for a couple of photos for a simple procedure

·
Registered
5 Posts
White Automotive tire Light Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

White Light Mode of transport Aviation Automotive exterior

Where you able to remove the map lens cover? I'm having the same issue w/my 2020. I viewed numerous videos and well something doesn't seem right.
I just got a 2021 C-HR, but I have to change out these yellow bulbs! It’s driving me crazy. But I’m really scared to break the housing. Can someone give a picture of where exactly to insert the tool to open it up?
White Automotive tire Light Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
16 Posts
Can confirm this is the exact same method for the 2022 model year.

I almost broke my lens cover trying to pop it out in the 2019 and below method. Why is the C-HR so lacking on reliable information on YouTube?

21 - 28 of 28 Posts