Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Any kind soul can teach me how to remove the map lights lens as I wanted to replace the bulbs.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I tried but unable to remove the map Len cover. Is seems to be abit different.
Really? I did not know that they changed the map light housing from one year to another. I have a 2019 CHR XLE and the map light housing was exactly the same as in the video. Now I am curious. How are they different? In any event, a little encouragement with a trim removal tool should do the trick.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Where you able to remove the map lens cover? I'm having the same issue w/my 2020. I viewed numerous videos and well something doesn't seem right.
Hello :) I just bought a 2021 C-HR here in the US.
After an hour of watching videos and struggling with this,

I removed the whole housing by using removal tool towards the back of the triangle closest to the windshield.
The housing is held on by 3 snap in connectors, 2 at the bottom and 1 at the top,
Pull from botton, and swing the assembly down. Very easy
Remove cable harness
Flip over
Remove silver screws to release lens cover (MUCH different than previous years)
Replace bulbs
Reverse process

This took about 10 min start to finish after I determined this was not the same by every video on youtube.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hello :) I just bought a 2021 C-HR here in the US.
After an hour of watching videos and struggling with this,

I removed the whole housing by using removal tool towards the back of the triangle closest to the windshield.
The housing is held on by 3 snap in connectors, 2 at the bottom and 1 at the top,
Pull from botton, and swing the assembly down. Very easy
Remove cable harness
Flip over
Remove silver screws to release lens cover (MUCH different than previous years)
Replace bulbs
Reverse process

This took about 10 min start to finish after I determined this was not the same by every video on youtube.

Hope this helps.
My mistake was being to too gentle when trying to remove it...lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
My mistake was being to too gentle when trying to remove it...lol
I was afraid I was going to break the lens cover and I finally decided just to take the whole unit out to discover it has changed in the way its put together. I think its impossible to remove the lens now without taking out the whole thing.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I was afraid I was going to break the lens cover and I finally decided just to take the whole unit out to discover it has changed in the way its put together. I think its impossible to remove the lens now without taking out the whole thing.
Removing the whole unit is the way to go. I've switched out most of the stock bulbs for LEDs and the difference...visually...is significant. Next up - sound system.

·
Registered
2020 Toyota C-HR
18 Posts
Removing the whole unit is the way to go. I've switched out most of the stock bulbs for LEDs and the difference...visually...is significant. Next up - sound system.
Mahn I had the same problem I was watching the video on las fit and I was confused lol. Still trying to figure out how. Cuz I bought a multi color led bulbs for my map light but kinda scared to really take it out...if you can or possible, can u make a video on how you did it?.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Mahn I had the same problem I was watching the video on las fit and I was confused lol. Still trying to figure out how. Cuz I bought a multi color led bulbs for my map light but kinda scared to really take it out...if you can or possible, can u make a video on how you did it?.
My bad bro I completely forgot about this. Still need assistance?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Didnt know there was a change in the way the maplight lens is taken out, i have a 2019 and my mother has a 21 and good thing i didnt rip that lens out im gonna try taking out the whole piece out lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just got a 2021 C-HR, but I have to change out these yellow bulbs! It’s driving me crazy. But I’m really scared to break the housing. Can someone give a picture of where exactly to insert the tool to open it up?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just got a 2021 C-HR, but I have to change out these yellow bulbs! It’s driving me crazy. But I’m really scared to break the housing. Can someone give a picture of where exactly to insert the tool to open it up?
Its super easy i just changed my moms 21 recently. Start from the point closer to the windshield once you get that snapped out your golden

1 - 19 of 19 Posts