Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of picking up a set of Morimoto Elite HIDs. I am worried about the automatic on/off feature. Through my research I read that this wont be problem through daily driving since the bulbs are made to turn on and off like any other bulb. The only issue is that some cars that do have an auto on/off feature will turn on the headlights before the engine cranks over when starting the car. Since the engine is turning on, the voltage is different and causes the HIDs to either flicker or flash on and off potentially causing damage to the ballast. My question is does the CHR with push button start have this issue when starting the car? Or do the lights turn on without and flickering or flashing. Also, has anyone found any issues with keeping automatic headlights on?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm sure you'll get a 50/50 mix of people who have both good and bad experiences with this. But that quick on/off can't be good for the ballast over time.

In my opinion, just turn the headlights off before starting and back to whatever setting after the car is on.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm sure you'll get a 50/50 mix of people who have both good and bad experiences with this. But that quick on/off can't be good for the ballast over time.

In my opinion, just turn the headlights off before starting and back to whatever setting after the car is on.
Yeah you are right, from my research seems like everyone is very split about this issue. I guess I'll just try it out on my own and find out haha

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.