Toyota C-HR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered our new C-HR last week and are expecting it to be ready for pick up on August 8th. Traded our 2013 RAV4 which has been a great ride but decided that we wanted something just a little smaller. When I bought the RAV I had been waiting over 30 years to buy another Toyota product but always found them just a little more expensive than I could afford to pay at the time. Now that I'm back into the Toyota family again, couldn't bear to think of buying anything else. Looking forward to the bringing the new C-HR home.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Glad to have you back in the family. As far as compact Toyota's go, there couldn't be another better small Toyota to start again with.
Did you at any chance consider going to other car makers? I do see a lot of talk about the CX-3 (here and other communities)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked out a couple of the other car makers, including Honda. I've owned several Mazda's in the past with a couple of them having been purchased new and a couple of them used. I'm sure that there are a lot of other somewhat comparable vehicles out there that, dare I say it, probably offer at the least, the same good value as the Toyota does but this is possibly my last vehicle and I just couldn't bring myself to buy anything but another Toyota.

·
Registered
551 Posts
That's quite a powerful reason for going Toyota, I just hope after you put a good amount of miles on the CH-R that you still end up having the same outlook which with any new car is up in the clouds, no one will know for sure ahead of time. Do you at least have a good dealer that could do well at taking care of future issues?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Picked up the new C-HR on Tuesday, so far loving it. Still getting used to the blind spots but the ride, quiet and comfort are amazing. We opted for the extended warranty of 7 years/120 km's (approx. 72K miles) as we all know, first year models can go either way as far as bugs and reliability goes. Its got a lot of great things going for it and hope that Toyota keeps this one going for a long time but we are still waiting to see another one on the road in our area.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Picked up the new C-HR on Tuesday, so far loving it. Still getting used to the blind spots but the ride, quiet and comfort are amazing. We opted for the extended warranty of 7 years/120 km's (approx. 72K miles) as we all know, first year models can go either way as far as bugs and reliability goes. Its got a lot of great things going for it and hope that Toyota keeps this one going for a long time but we are still waiting to see another one on the road in our area.
Great thing about the blind spot these have is it can be bad enough to a point it retrains you on how you drive. Some people I know now make sure they stay well ahead or behind packs of drivers and are more aware of who's next to them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Absolutely right on the retraining and yes staying ahead and in our case usually behind packs of cars and awareness is exactly what we've been doing. So far so good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts