Toyota C-HR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought the 2021 C-HR XLE Black in color. Loving it. Was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction in getting the best ride quality ride on some lowering springs. Would like to lower her about 1-2”. Thanks!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Welcome! Not sure about springs but I went with bc br coilovers with upgraded “extreme low” swift springs. Never got to measure stock height but I’m pretty close to rubbing on 19s

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome! Not sure about springs but I went with bc br coilovers with upgraded “extreme low” swift springs. Never got to measure stock height but I’m pretty close to rubbing on 19s
Thanks for the reply. So after doing some research in the last few days as far as what springs to go with, I decided to go the Tanabe springs. I absolutely love them. It lowered my CHR 1” in the front and 1.7” in the rear. My goal was to eliminate fender gap while retaining as much as a stick ride as possible. The results was the perfect drop for me. I can now go with 19” wheels safely without any rubbing issues at all. Right now with the stock wheels and tires, 18”, I have no rubbing issues at all and still have plenty of wheels travel before hitting the plastic on the inside.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here you go bro. Sorry, first time posting pics and I couldn’t figure out how to delete some of the pics. Lol well at least you can see the drop. These are the Tanabe coils
Front 1” drop
Rear. 1.7” drop.
the ride is smooth, but tighter if that makes any sense. It’s not bouncy. Hands curves way better Joe with less body roll. I think it’s the perfect drop if your trying to stay as closes as you can to a stick ride yet still looking good getting rid of that wheel gap.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks go bro! Man I’m scared of black paint, bad experience with swirl marks and scratches. Off topic this in Santa Fe springs?
Thank you bro.
I know what you mean bro. I had a bad experience with black too in the past, so now I personally hand wash my car. I picked the black cause I loved how the blue scent inside looked with the black.
lol, yes, it is Santa Fe springs. I was at the doughnut shop their getting a mocha. Lol you live in the area?

·
Registered
2020 C-HR XLE - Hot Lava
16 Posts
How much does something like that run? Springs, installation, etc. If you don't mind me asking.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks! I'll have to save up if I want to do that in the future.
This is the way Toyota should have sold these cars. It’s like the perfect hight. Still runs really smooth and handles much better.
good luck buddy. Hope you get them soon. 👍🏽

·
Registered
2020 C-HR XLE - Hot Lava
16 Posts
This is the way Toyota should have sold these cars. It’s like the perfect hight. Still runs really smooth and handles much better.
good luck buddy. Hope you get them soon. 👍🏽
Thanks! I wouldn't mind it handling better!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts