Toyota C-HR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CAI or SRI, whatever you prefer. It rules!!!!!

I figured I would get that instead of the TRD one because it seems a bit better.

Nice growl, still cvt rockin the low rpms but def breathing better and once she gets going, she has top end speed for days. A bit more fun to drive. Still pretty quiet until you really rev it too.

FYI

Cheers-Chris

·
Super Moderator
321 Posts
Ok. Color me skeptical about the use of CAIs on what I would consider run of the mill engines. But looking at the web link and the dyno chart, this intake may be worth it. Many CAI manufacturers will make claims but won't have dyno charts to prove it. This one does. While I still consider the boost in torque and HP to be moderate to somewhat minor, the overall increase in both across the entire RPM band is pretty darn good. I may be investing in one myself.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok. Color me skeptical about the use of CAIs on what I would consider run of the mill engines. But looking at the web link and the dyno chart, this intake may be worth it. Many CAI manufacturers will make claims but won't have dyno charts to prove it. This one does. While I still consider the boost in torque and HP to be moderate to somewhat minor, the overall increase in both across the entire RPM band is pretty darn good. I may be investing in one myself.
It is def. still the same motor. The CVT still does it's thing. Is it more fun to drive minus the sound? Yep.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
86 Posts
Huh. Never heard of changing a solenoid. That's some impressive gains if true.
Here's a Forged Garage video on it. No hard evidence, just a very positive review.

He seemed very happy with the performance gains. For air though, he's only added a K&N replacement air filter. So your performance should be better with the AEM CAI.

Striker

·
Super Moderator
321 Posts
Here's a video from the manufacturer of the solenoid doing a dyno run on a C-HR:

Really curious as to what the solenoid actually does with the intake cam characteristics. From my understanding of VVTi systems, it won't increase lift of the valves. So it has to be a change in the profile with duration. Wonder what the impact is on fuel economy.

As an aside, when I had the Dinan Stage 2 tune installed in my BMW 135i, not only did I get increased HP/torque but I also got better fuel economy under normal driving conditions. What I observed was about a 3 to 4 MPG increase per tank full of gas with my mixed driving. Wonder if this solenoid modification will produce similar results.

Reactions: Striker
1 - 12 of 12 Posts