Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to you all,
I'm writing this port in hope that someone will give me a hint in my progress.

The car was under water for some time and now it is not starting.

What i did till now:
* disassembled all the interior and start cleaning all the electronic components, now it looks like this.
* it's all dried out and now resembles the electronic components,
Vehicle Car Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

The problems that i'm facing with:
* because the MPX module is not responding, nothing was working in the car, (is sticked to the Fuse & relay box) i bought another one from a donor car
Tire Automotive tire Gas Carton Font

* mounted the new MPX body, and all the electronic started to respond, my dash board lid out, the interior lights are working, my headlights started...... but appeard another problem
Land vehicle Speedometer Automotive tire Motor vehicle Light

The car is not recognizing my key. The message that is shown on the display is: "press the brake pedal and tap the engine button with the key"

From what i understand the car is not recognizing the key, and it is not letting me to put the ignition.

I did a research and found out that the MPX module and the Smart key module (for the smart key) are correlated. and this is the cause.

I tried to find a donor car thar has the MPX module, Smart key Module and a Key but with no succes.

I have no idea what to do next, please help me with what to do next.
Any information is helpful

Attachments

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Why are you even doing this project? One of the things that even seasoned mechanics will never do is to mess with a car with significant water damage. That car will never be the same. You'll be chasing electrical problems forever. Didn't you have insurance? This car would be a total loss claim.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I understand and respect your opinion.
It's like telling a fat person why he is struggling to lose weight, that it will be hard anyway. For him it is a challenge, a pride for himself.

If you can help me, I appreciate.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.