Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
If you're only getting it for screen mirroring then no, it's not worth it. I have Eonon head unit with Easy connect screen mirroring and its garbage. Has to be the most buggiest, sluggish, slowest app I've every used in my life and ended up getting that USB box/dongle for Android Auto and Carplay

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
Something else to add. That unit most likely will not work with US 2019 C-HRs. The US 2019 C-HRs have Entune 3.0. This also brought a change in the rear housing of the head unit which is part of the dash. The previous head unit was a double DIN were as the Entune 3.0 unit is a single DIN. The manufacturer doesn't give housing measurements but I'm pretty certain this is the case. I think why they say it will work for 2019 C-HRs is because the rest of the world C-HRs use a different head unit which is similar to the previous US one that the Entune 3.0 head unit replaced.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all for the excellent thoughts on this. That was exactly what I was looking for in regards to it's value.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have one XTRONS for my Alphard. model name is XTRONS pbx79hgt, very good quality, it has a preset equalizer so that i can also adjust the sound to suit my music or needs. I can also control hands-free calling through the unit too.It is a double din unit with 7" screen, it allows you to plug in a rear camera and watch the live footage as you reverse, the cameras from xtrons too. I took some photos during the installation, i can share them if anyone needs

·
Registered
8 Posts
I found a Youtube video from the company the shows the headunit.
I don't know much about car stereos I can't tell if it is a single DIN for the US CH-R.

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
It's sort of neither a double or single DIN. This head unit has the main electronics as a module that is sandwiched to the back of the screen. From what I can tell with the video, this should fit the older 2018 US models. For the 2019 and newer US models, I don't know. It should fit but it depends on the amount of clearance behind the display and the back of the dash housing. For the overseas models, I think you all are still using a double DIN from the factory. How you can tell is to look behind the display for the head unit. If the dash drops drastically instead of extending straight back from the display, then you have the single DIN. If the dash goes straight back, then it's a double DIN.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Looking at reviews for other Belsee products on Amazon it's probably not worth it. Common complaints I have seen range from glitchy controls to bad sound. At this point I'm probably just going to buy a used unlocked iPhone on Amazon.de and use that for Google Maps. Tired of my phone falling off the AC vent while driving.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts