Toyota C-HR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello eveyone! My name is Elroy from Autofashion USA in San Diego and i'm just a fan of the C-HR. We're currently building one for the 2017 SEMA Convention. Just here to show you guys what's gonna be available on the market. :grin2:

·
Registered
551 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

This is exactly the sort of thing I wanted to see going on for the CH-R.

Are you able to give us any hints into what will be involved?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hello eveyone! My name is Elroy from Autofashion USA in San Diego and i'm just a fan of the C-HR. We're currently building one for the 2017 SEMA Convention. Just here to show you guys what's gonna be available on the market. :grin2:
Hello, I'm from San Diego also. I'm planning to get a C-HR myself towards the end of the year. Looking forward to get some aftermarket stuff installed soon.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Hello, I'm from San Diego also. I'm planning to get a C-HR myself towards the end of the year. Looking forward to get some aftermarket stuff installed soon.
Glad to have another owner on the forum from that area.

What aftermarket modifications do you want to put on so far? I know wheels will be an easy one, being universal and all.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Glad to have another owner on the forum from that area.

What aftermarket modifications do you want to put on so far? I know wheels will be an easy one, being universal and all.
Basically a lot from wheels to coilovers to a nice lip kit. I'm looking at the Modellista Boost Impulse Style kit, as I like their style alot. As for coilovers, I'm a big fan of Tein so I'm waiting for their C-HR coilovers to hit stateside.

·
Registered
12 Posts
There are a few shops/organizations here in the SoCal area that's doing Toyota C-HR builds for SEMA. It should be an interesting seeing what will be available for the CHR in couple months.

·
Registered
551 Posts
If they can beat what Japanese tuners will be able to do then I will be impressed but so far the tuners on that end of the sea tend to dominate and raise the bar.

Wouldn't mind seeing something simple like this Blitz CH-R:

·
Registered
257 Posts
Oddly enough, I haven't seen a lot of aftermarket parts yet. Considering how many of those concept's we've seen, you'd think the market would be flooded by them.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I know a good portion of the Japanese aftermarket parts are meant for the AWD turbo version, hence not much parts are available stateside at the moment

·
Registered
12 Posts
Oddly enough, I haven't seen a lot of aftermarket parts yet. Considering how many of those concept's we've seen, you'd think the market would be flooded by them.
For the US market, the C-HR is still new (only been out since May). Although there are some companies that are starting to release product for the car here in the US. It's going to take some time.

Plus the enthusiast "modding" community for these (crossover type cars) isn't popular in the US market yet- compared to Asia and Europe. I hope there will be a strong following for the C-HR or subsequent cars that fall in the same category.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Howzit!! Hawaii crew will be in Las Vegas again for SEMA 2017. Looking forward to seeing everyone's C-HR builds in person!! I just bought this car as a bday present for my wife. She loves the car for daily use since she is a very busy realtor here in Paradise=)

Where wI'll your booth be at SEMA? What's your name?

·
Registered
95 Posts
2 1/2 more weeks until SEMA and I've seen a few in progress pics off the Instagram. I'm really curious what this Lexon kit that you are putting on looks like.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I will also be at SEMA and am looking forward to seeing what's out there for the CH-R. I currently don't own one, but I'm in the market.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Howzit!! Hawaii crew will be in Las Vegas again for SEMA 2017. Looking forward to seeing everyone's C-HR builds in person!! I just bought this car as a bday present for my wife. She loves the car for daily use since she is a very busy realtor here in Paradise=)

Where wI'll your booth be at SEMA? What's your name?
From what I know, they are building the C-hr to promote for Toyota / Rays so most likely you'll see a C-HR or two over at the Mackin Booth. Super Street and Cusco USA is also building one as well.

·
Registered
95 Posts
A saw a picture just now of what is the finished product from Autofashion's FB page. What coilovers are you using? Any engine mods?

·
Registered
551 Posts
Hopefully they don't keep it too simple like some of the customized Toyota launch products of the past although I know they can't get too crazy with it.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Can't wait to see what SEMA has in store for the C-HR when it's already so angular and unique looking. More of an issue fitting on body kits compared to vehicles that are streamlined and flat.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hi Elroy, I noticed on your Instagram page that you changed out the front bumper to a JDM one to fix the Lexon kit? Will no Japanese kit fit with the USDM front bumper?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hi Elroy, if you see this post, I'm the guy who came by your shop with the blue C-HR inquiring about your SEMA build especially the JDM bumper. Thank you so much for taking the time to chat about it. You guys gave me a good idea on how to approach my dream build for this car. Again, thank you so much.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts