Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:frown2:
Tried to evade what appears to have been a rubber road cone weight. It was six-sided? and had a hole in the middle. Kicked up by another vehicle and I did not had time to avoid it. Smacked into the passenger side lower bumper.

Thank goodness it was only to the plastic parts and not kicked up any higher.

Broke the washer fluid jug

:crying:
Hopefully less than my deductible...
Replaced the water jug anyway. At least I could remove it easily. And it only cost $84 and my time.

Removed all parts from "jug" before removing the "jug" from the vehicle. except for the washer pump. the pump is easily removed and is held in by the frame of the jug and the gasket/filter. Good thing it has a filter.

Installed the gasket/filter in the replacement "jug"

There is a green marked hose that goes on the right of the pump motor. That way the fluid goes to the correct nozzle(s) - front or rear. Pointing to the "green" one in the photo below.

Will have the C-HR at the shop by Tuesday for the other repairs. I think that I lost some fasteners in the wheel cowl and definitely at the bumper cover and lower bumper area.
I found the black insert (where there is a hole now) intact inside when I got home. no damage to it at all and is re-usable.

Reactions: Striker

·
Registered
42 Posts
you should look into whoever left that weight on the road and make them responsible for your repair .especially if it was the city or roads dept.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Hard to tell. Could be KDOT or even Louisville City or even off of someone's truck/vehicle.

Got the C-HR back yesterday and all is good as new.

At least with the good weather, I worked on my 2018 RAV4: towing hitch and light kit, removed the front bumper cover to install an upgraded horn and put in a mesh (gutter guard) bug/rock protector. The gutter guard is pre-painted black and it matches the black plastic on the RAV4 cover.

Got WOLO BadBoy horns in both the C-HR and the RAV4.

·
Registered
352 Posts
No dashcam footage to help narrow down the suspect list? :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts