Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know whether our (2018-US) CHRs have a siphon valve (ball or butterfly) in the gas tank to prevent siphoning? I am hoping to utilize my vehicles fuel to power a generator in an emergency.
If so, has anyone had luck siphoning from the car utilizing specific equipment?
We also have a 2015 Buick Enclave if anyone would know that as well 馃
Any and all help is appreciated!

Premium Member
I personally think you're better off just buying an approved gasoline container to store the fuel you need for a generator. Put fuel stabilizer in it to aid on in long term storage and occasionally rotate the fuel by pouring it into your vehicles for use and then refilling the containers.

If you're worried about long term use and want to be prepared, look into a generator that is powered by natural gas or propane. I have a 20kW Generac standby generator for my home that runs off of natural gas.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx zx10guy!
I have considered the whole-house generator but it is a little on the expensive side and I already have a portable.
I'm also not real keen on storing 30 gallons of fuel (the potential volume of our 2 cars) in cans on my property- although if siphoning isn't possible then that would be my best option I guess.
I am still curious as to what type of antisiphon device we have in our cars- screen, butterfly, ball? It seems that there MAY be work arounds for a couple of those devices.
Thanks again and as always, yer input is always exemplary!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts