Toyota C-HR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all, anyone here that had lowered theyre c-hr with lowering springs encountered any issues with the front struts making cracking noise when turning steering when stationary or parking lot speed after installing springs? i doubt its an issue if you go with coilovers or bag set up since your not reusing the oe struts. I tried 2 different springs and 2 different person installing it and from what i gathered is its the way the struts in these cars are set up with the way the top hat sits im all out of ideas fellas 🤷‍♂️

·
Super Moderator
329 Posts
Depending on the drop, the proper way to modify your suspension is to also install shortened struts. Without shortened struts, you run the risk of bottoming out the struts. I did this with my old 94 Cavalier Z24. I had Eibach Prokit springs installed which dropped the front 1.25" and the rears .75". I installed custom struts with Bilstein cartridges which were shorter than stock to accommodate the front end drop.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i get it i have coilovers in my other car and i had lowering springs on numerous cars in the past with no issues, this is the first vehicle that had strut issue. Im just gonna run it with it like that for now but eventually i'll go with coils or back to stock

·
Registered
108 Posts
Are the coils The TRD ones from Toyota or some other brand ?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are the coils The TRD ones from Toyota or some other brand ?
I have both godspeed and tanabe springs. Noise is still there when turning i just live with it for now. The front struts bottoms out on big dips, the godspeed springs is a little firm which helps the front struts but the tanabe ones are softer. Im still debating on what route im gonna go but its my daily so i just use it for now. The TRD ones doesnt drop much so i didnt go with that plus its more pricey theres a lot of suspension options for this car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts