Toyota C-HR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
304 Posts
That's an overseas tag hanger. You can't oder one from a US dealer as they are unable to order overseas parts.

I tried to order the trunk floor spacers which eliminate the spare tire. The euro version of the C-HR has this as standard. Why I want to do this mod is that it adds additional cargo capacity to the trunk by dropping the trunk floor a bit. I'm ok with not having a level trunk floor with the rear seats folded down. And I would put in a portable air pump and puncture sealer.

So you'll probably need to source an eBay equivalent or find an overseas dealer to which will ship. That's assuming the plate holder in the picture is an available part with the C-HR lettering.

·
Registered
17 Posts
What about Texas that requires a plate on the front as well? All those cars roll of the lot with a plate on the front. Probably a dealer there that can plug you in.

·
Super Moderator
304 Posts
Again, unfortunately, a US dealer is not going to help you here. That plate bracket is an overseas spec one by its shear width. I mentioned I already tried to get some parts that were specific to overseas C-HRs with a US dealer. It was a no go as they don't have the parts catalog to even look up the part number and they are not even able to order the part if they can even get a part number.

The US front plate bracket was already included with my car from the factory. It just wasn't installed. It was sitting in the trunk space where the spare tire is. I went back and forth on whether I was going to have the dealer mount it. In the end, I just let them do it instead of dealing with the hassles of potentially getting a ticket over it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I bought my car in Texas, and there was no license plate bracket on it. Not sure if that's normal or if my dealer sucks. They just screwed the paper plates directly into the bare bumper with a cheesy dealer plate frame. I wanted to slap them for that. With metal plates, the first car wash I went through bent half of the plate up about 90 degrees, so I think it really needs some sort of support.

For now, I took it all off and am going to have the holes in the bumper fixed. If I get hassled about it, I'll add a bracket of some sort.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts