Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello . I’m here wondering how engine brake works on my 2018 Toyota chr . It’s so hard for me to understand the owners manual . I’d like to know step by step . I take a lot of curves and steep hills for work . My transmission was just replaced a month ago or so do to humming noise coming from front end . Just payed out of pocket $1,086 for diagnosis , gas cleaner , rotor cleaning , and balancing . My rotors were worn out due to too much overheating and braking . Please someone help!!! Thank you

·
Registered
131 Posts
With the CVT - I don't think there is any engine braking at all. On KY 313 here there is some small hills and the C-HR seems to go faster downhill than my RAV4, which actually starts slowing down. Yes, my foot is off the gas.

Seems that I may need to try the "manual" control of the transmission. Perhaps a little review of TFM when I get the time... CVT transmissions should not have a problem with manually downshifting. Some other forums have interesting information about "enging braking" with a CVT.

What was actually replaced to cost $1086?
I replaced rotors and pads (front end) for less than $200
And that was doing it the "Toyota" way - RAV4 World.com

1 - 2 of 2 Posts