Toyota C-HR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have info if either the HKS Super Hybrid and K&N air filters fit into the North American C-HR air box? Also, has anyone seen and felt any HP gains if anyone has them?

·
Registered
551 Posts
I'm not one to make these kinds of mods to a car, but I do question how effective things like these are in improving power output without a lot of other mods.
I think this article takes a good look at how filters really perform, may be old but they do make a good points about how much more dirt passes through: K&N Air Filter Review - Debunking the Myths (and why OEM is better)
One key gain you won't see unless you inspect the filter is how much better it filters the air, which aside from slightly improved MPG's, is a benefit. Plus they aren't that much more than OEM.

K&N has them for $45... factory direct: https://www.knfilters.com/air_filter/toyota_c-hr.aspx

·
Registered
410 Posts
$45 doesn't seem that bad for a filter, thought it would cost more. Let us know how it goes if you do decide to install one.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Specially when a K&N Filter is washable and reusable.
The old report posted mentioned this though?

"The other filters, most notably the oiled reusable types, had an exponential loading response before reaching maximum restriction. These filters had a lower initial restriction, but they became exponentially more restrictive under a constant flow of dirt."

Reactions: zbyra

·
Registered
551 Posts
TRD makes an intake kit for our cars. They're spendy.

Part number: PTR03-1C160
Often air flow to these can be improved with custom air channels build within the bumper-rebar area leading up the engine bay and to the filter. Who wants to be the first to try? :D

·
Registered
56 Posts
Often air flow to these can be improved with custom air channels build within the bumper-rebar area leading up the engine bay and to the filter. Who wants to be the first to try? :D
AEM already has a design like that for the C-HR. If the filter came in an enclosed box like the TRD intake, I’d be more inclined to buy. I would also add a velocity stack to the pipe as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
AEM already has a design like that for the C-HR. If the filter came in an enclosed box like the TRD intake, I’d be more inclined to buy. I would also add a velocity stack to the pipe as well.
I can't seem to find that listed on their site. Would you happen to have a link by chance?

Thanks,

Striker

·
Registered
56 Posts
Whenever I post links to items I find it seems like this Forum is removing the link, post or the entire thread altogether.

Just Google "AEM Intake Toyota C-HR" and you'll find a lot of sites that are selling it. I haven't found the AEM intake for under $330, so I opted to go with the TRD Intake since I was able to find one for $288 shipped.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts