Toyota C-HR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another super easy DIY.

Like the European version C-HR ambiance lights? Go get 2 T10 LED lights and spend 1 hour with your c-hr next weekend.>:)>:)

Attachments

·
Registered
410 Posts
Was expecting to see LED strip lights when I clicked on your thread. Great job on the diy interior lights. Weird it's not a universal thing.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Another super easy DIY.

Like the European version C-HR ambiance lights? Go get 2 T10 LED lights and spend 1 hour with your c-hr next weekend.>:)>:)
Looks cool! Since I'm not a pro with cars' electronics, can you please share some more details like how to connect it; how to remove cupholder etc.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Was expecting to see LED strip lights when I clicked on your thread. Great job on the diy interior lights. Weird it's not a universal thing.
Sorry for let you down.:crying::crying:

I will look for a way to done something like this photo, any idea where can we install this? >:)>:)

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks cool! Since I'm not a pro with cars' electronics, can you please share some more details like how to connect it; how to remove cupholder etc.
Here you go, step by step and get the power from the green wire which I pointed at(EPB). You could connect the negative cable wherever you want as long as touch the metal of car body.

Attachments

·
Registered
217 Posts
Sweet! Thanx erichsieh22! I LOVE tear-down instructions... Didn't even realize that these things were snap together. I guess they have been for years....just never had the desire to customize my ride to this degree in the past... Your tuts may come in handy!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Here you go, step by step and get the power from the green wire which I pointed at(EPB). You could connect the negative cable wherever you want as long as touch the metal of car body.
Thank you so much for this guideline! As I understood, I need to connect my LED lights to that wire, which is covered under the center panel, right?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thank you so much for this guideline! As I understood, I need to connect my LED lights to that wire, which is covered under the center panel, right?
Exactly, that's EPB's wire. Connect the positive electrode to the green wire, and connect the negative electrode to any screw that is touched the car body.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Thank you so much erichsieh22! That's a really good and detailed step by step guide. I'll try it this weekend :)

·
Registered
352 Posts
Exactly, that's EPB's wire. Connect the positive electrode to the green wire, and connect the negative electrode to any screw that is touched the car body.
I hope no one accidentally cross-wired or shorted it... stuck on EPB mode forever?!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Wow, reviving an old thread here.
Looking at https://www.tochr.net/ for more detailed information on how this was supposed to work. I may look into the proper way to install this.

Any idea on what LED to properly use or is any T10 LED good enough?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Getting to that connector on the Main Body ECU which is above the Instrument Cluster box is a pain. It is very cramped in there and the connector is held in by some type of clip I have never seen - do not have pics. But, the connector 26 on the 3D connector is not used, as well as number 27. So, there is no "real" power available - going to have to use the glove box splice as mentioned here. I do not want to connect using the illumination circuit from the Brake circuit.

https://www.tochr.net/1958/ambient_illumination_light_circuit.html

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have a suspicion that there is a missing part inside the cupholder assembly. Appears that there may be some type of clear acrylic part that goes inside the white plastic part and makes the light "bend" around the cup holder's perimeter enhancing the light.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts