Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I know that after playing with the settings I've made it so my digital speedometer doesn't return on re-start. It's always returned whenever the car was re-started and I'm so used to it that I never use the mechanical speedo.
I have gone back and changed every setting imaginable and have even re-set the default settings. Nothing brings my digital speedo back. What comes up now (on re-start) is the "Current MPG" screen. To get the digital speedo back, I have to scan 3 screens away. Even if I shut the car off with the digital speedo being the last screen showing, it comes back up to the MPG screen.
What do I need to do to get the speedo screen to return on re-start?

·
Registered
2 Posts
OK, I know that after playing with the settings I've made it so my digital speedometer doesn't return on re-start. It's always returned whenever the car was re-started and I'm so used to it that I never use the mechanical speedo.
I have gone back and changed every setting imaginable and have even re-set the default settings. Nothing brings my digital speedo back. What comes up now (on re-start) is the "Current MPG" screen. To get the digital speedo back, I have to scan 3 screens away. Even if I shut the car off with the digital speedo being the last screen showing, it comes back up to the MPG screen.

I AM HAVING THE EXACT SAME ISSUE WITH MY 2018. IT STARTED DOING THIS ABOUT A MONTH AGO.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Ok i thought i was loosing it glad im not the only one i hate that i have to move it back everytime i start it its driving me nuts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Exactly the same issue for me - I've had it in the Toyota dealership today and they can't find any fault! It didn't used to do this until it was in getting the puddle lights fixed but they've advised that can't possibly be related. So annoying, even switching off the engine for a minute and you have to scroll through the menus to get it back. I've found pushing the down arrow twice is the quickest way to return to the speedometer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Im having the same issue, started a few weeks back, even the trip meter is showing ODO instead of Trip A that im used to. So everytime i start up the car i have scroll down for the digital speedo and click the trip meter to Trip A, first world problem, but its just annoying.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Toyota had my car for 5 days. They finally figured out that even though the battery was coming up good it was not giving enough juice to hold that setting and was resetting when you turned the car off. They replaced my battery free of charge and it works perfectly now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’ve been meaning to give an update here for a couple of days. I too have just had my battery replaced (10 days out of warranty so I had to fit the bill myself!). Exact the same outcome - my digital speedo has returned without having to reset. Wish I’d known this a month ago 🙄

·
Registered
5 Posts
I fixed my own dodge neon sxt!!!! So awesome It was scary driving our roads without one! and I sat around weeks waiting for the men in my life to figure it out!
Nox Vidmate VLC

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’ve been meaning to give an update here for a couple of days. I too have just had my battery replaced (10 days out of warranty so I had to fit the bill myself!). Exact the same outcome - my digital speedo has returned without having to reset. Wish I’d known this a month ago 🙄
Same for me, send my car for servicing, the mechanic told me the batt is dying, had it replaced now the speedo is fine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Had the same issue for a few months. Eventually had a flat battery one morning. Got it changed and the car went back to displaying speed on startup!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just so you know I had my car in several times. It was finally determined, even though the battery test came back fine. the battery did not have enough power to hold the memory of the speedometer. Once Toyota under warranty changed the battery. It has worked perfectly ever since. They had changed every setting in the book to try to get it to work before the battery change. Make them change your battery.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the same problem with my 2018 CHR. A few months later my battery died. The AAA employee told me that cars like ours drain the battery quicker than cars that don't have all the computer technology. After the new battery was installed, my digital speedometer has stayed put each time I turned on my car. You can plan on needing a new battery soon.

·
Registered
1 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello All,

Just took mine to the dealership today, same issue, new battery, problem SOLVED!!!!😀

This Forum is a great place to troubleshoot our cars before the dealer starts to take it all apart!!!

Thanks everyone for their stories, very helpful!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts