Toyota C-HR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone replaced the door and dash board speakers?? How difficult is the door panel to remove?? What size is the speaker in the dash??

The the million dollar question... Has anyone ran aftermarket wiring into the doors to amplify their door speakers???

I'm working in doing a full system for a stereo company to try some of their new products, and might be spending the weekend installing a new head unit, running RCA, speaker cable and installing a few other gizmos... any help would be a great time saver!

·
Registered
350 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
They really should have just made the JBL package available globally. I don't know why they felt this option wouldn't be popular outside of the UK. Rewiring everything is a little too involved for me.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Don't think we've seen anyone go the extent of replacing all of the C-HR speakers yet. Are you planning on keeping the stock door speakers and just amping them? I'm curious if a lack a power is what's holding back the stock system.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't think we've seen anyone go the extent of replacing all of the C-HR speakers yet. Are you planning on keeping the stock door speakers and just amping them? I'm curious if a lack a power is what's holding back the stock system.
I am going to be installing a 5 channel amp.... channels 1 and 2 will run new speakers in the dash, channels 3 and 4 will run new speakers in the front doors. Channel 5 will run 2 sub-woofers in the back. 😀

·
Registered
410 Posts
Holy cow, that's a lot of aftermarket speakers. Not really one to do these large modifications but you're definitely going to need that plastic prying tool. :D Maybe even the wiring diagram from the C-HR service manual.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I guess he's staying true to his name... "evilbass" lol.

Please share pictures of the process :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guess he's staying true to his name... "evilbass" lol.

Please share pictures of the process :)
Finally... someone didn't associate the name with fishing! LOL

I will try to take pictures. My problem is I get to antsy, and just want to get it done, and forget to take pics! lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts