Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Decided to make a thread for this as I don't want it to be buried in the various CVT failures threads.

So I've been the proverbial cheerleader for people to get maintenance done on their CVTs regardless of what Toyota or the dealer says. My car crossed over the 100k mile mark and I had a second transmission flush performed today. And did an oil and filter change myself on the car over the weekend. My car is a 2019 LE. So far my car runs fine.

So the message is get your transmission serviced regularly. I've posted numerous evidence on why this has to be done on a CVT. But it's your car and your money.

As a side note, the shop I took my car to for the trans flush mentioned the BG warranty as they use BG products and is what is used in my trans service. The BG warranty is as follows:

For Plan 1 which provides up to $4000 of reimbursement for any trans issue if the initial service is done within the first 50,000miles. To keep the coverage, subsequent services have to be done within 30,000 miles.

For Plan 2 which provides up to $2000 of reimbursement for any trans issue if the initial service is done within 50,001 to 75,000 miles. To keep the coverage, subsequent services have to be done within 30,000 miles.

Edit: This is my post in one of the CVT failure threads where I provide supporting evidence on why fluid services are crucial for CVTs.

Registered
Congrats on passing the 100k mark. My 2018 XLE Rav4 just passed 110k miles last week. The auto fluid has already been done at 60k miles on that one. And got much more done due to the alternator bearing gone bad.
I need to start driving the C-HR as it still has less than 39k miles and will be five years old on Feb 8. :)馃巶
As a mentioned in other post - when the C-HR gets to 60k it will have the pan dropped, the filter changed, and new fluid put in.

Reactions: zx10guy

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Seems we have similar driving habits with our daily beaters. I bought a set of brake pads for the front and rear last year thinking they'd wear down enough to replace them. So far they're still enough pad for me to just leave the originals. Although the rears are getting close for replacement. Might just do those for now. I do notice that the rears stop wearing as quickly when I stopped using the brake hold feature.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts