Toyota C-HR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
In Europe the C-HR has seen nearly three times the number of sales that it has in NA for 2018. I think that might in part be due to the various equipment and options that have been restricted to certain regions. More people in NA are looking for crossovers with optional AWD as well.

·
Registered
350 Posts
here

·
Super Moderator
298 Posts
In Europe the C-HR has seen nearly three times the number of sales that it has in NA for 2018. I think that might in part be due to the various equipment and options that have been restricted to certain regions. More people in NA are looking for crossovers with optional AWD as well.
I know this is going off topic. But it annoys me to no end that people keep beating on the fact the NA version of the C-HR has no AWD option. In my opinion, the vast majority of the US does not require AWD. It's just the typical unskilled US driver that's the problem. These drivers have it beat into their head by manufacturers looking to upsell more options that everyone needs AWD.

I got through multiple winters living in the North East/Mid Atlantic region with my BMW 135i since buying it new in January of 2014. I have never had any issues or been stuck in the snow having gone through some major snow storms. The 135i is lower to the ground than the C-HR and is rear well drive to boot. In addition to not being an idiot on the road driving through snow/ice conditions, I properly equipped my 135i with proper winter tires: Blizzak WS80s. The 135i has been my daily driver from 2014 till now when I got a C-HR to take over daily driver duties.

·
Registered
57 Posts
With a proper winter tire setup and skill set, there is little need for AWD in most parts of the country. Many consumers have been mislead to believe that AWD is a necessary feature for the winter months and automakers are taking advantage of that. Though it will help to put the power down, an AWD system also brings with it a lot of additional weight.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts