Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2021 Toyota C-HR XLE in Blizzrd Pearl
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read posts about the range being bad on the C-HR, but the range on my C-HR is only a couple of feet from the car. Is that normal? I could hit the door locks from my 3rd story condo on my old Jeep Commander, or my wife's old Outlander Sport, and I believe she can hit the locks on her new Corolla Cross.

·
Registered
386 Posts
woefully short. maybe ~5' max.

·
Super Moderator
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
true, but the further you walk away without remembering to lock it, the more you have to walk back towards the car to lock it, lol. not a big deal, just curious if it has always been this way.

I asked my wife to start my car this morning with me standing just far enough out of the way so she could open the door to get in, and while she could unlock the door and get in, she couldn't start the car without the fob inside. (I had my dog with me and couldn't do it myself, and the windows were a bit frosted). It is nice knowing if I'm not in the car, no one can start it and take off without the fob in their possession, so I think of it as nice theft protection that isn't advertised.

IIRC I saw a video for a smart keyfob that was used on the C-HR that made you walk right up to it before it would auto-unlock the car.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Well, I guess with the uniqueness of the C-HR - it should be ?"easy"? to spot your vehicle? Not like my rav4 - sometimes they all look alike :unsure:
Have to use the rav4 "panic" button to locate it in a parking garage/lot.

·
Super Moderator
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so funny enough, last Sunday, I was testing my fob again, just couldn't believe it's range was so short...I was able to get it to respond about 15 yards away. And then...I tried to hit unlock the C-HR at the door of my condo, which is across a 40 foot parking lot, and up on the 3rd floor...and low and behold, it worked. I confirmed it was working again this morning as I was leaving for work, and yes, it worked. No idea what is going on here, but the way I tested this out was by standing next to the door, and hitting the remote, then stepped further away and kept hitting the remote to see how far it actually worked...that's where I got the 15 yards, and left it at that....but at the condo, I was already on the 3rd floor when I tried it again, and that's where it blew my mind by unlocking and locking my car.

what the heck, give it a try and see what happens. what have you got to lose?

·
Super Moderator
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
When you lock/unlock with the fob, it reaches up to 20 to 30ft.(with no obstacles)
If you use the keyless entry it works whitin 2,5ft from (front) door or boot.
when I first got the car, the unlock/lock with the fob didn't work more than 5 ft...then all of a sudden, it did.....like I said, it didn't at 10ft, walked a little closer until it did, then backed off until it didn't...that was about 15 ft...then one day, it did from 50ft away (no obstacles but up on the 3rd floor balcony of my condo across the parking lot

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.