Toyota C-HR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was scrolling through the web and it seems for our UK members, if it's close to you at least, Steven Eagell Toyota is offering the C-HR for Contract Hire and prices are up.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I think that's just another way to say lease and 207 euro is really not bad depending on what the VAT costs are.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Contract Hire is a term used in the UK that's pretty much a lease used by a business. The VAT standard rate right now is 20% according to the gov.uk site

·
Registered
551 Posts
Too bad we don't have something similar to contract hire in the U.S. since that will go a long way in making parts cheaper with more of these on the road and demand for parts coming from both OEM and aftermarket.

That contract hire price gets even better when you factor in business tax credits.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Start a business and buy a car under it for the great deals. Are dealerships willing to sell cars with the business price to individuals?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The only time you'll really catch a break on pricing for a business lease is when you're either a regular with your dealer, or you're getting a fleet. But even at that, once you own a business, you're writing off a good bit of your vehicle expenses anyhow. Everything from gas, maintenance, insurance, car payments, etc.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Too bad I neither own a business or a regular at my local dealership. Toyota prices really aren't that bad even as a normal buyer, and their cars last a long time if you're like me, who tends to drive the car into the ground.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Honestly, I find any vehicle can last a long time, once you maintain it properly. Toyotas do have a long reputation of lasting a long time though. But I feel as an owner, once you religiously maintain it, wash it, keep it clean and lubed, you can run that thing forever.

It's when you start slipping is when everything comes crashing down.

·
Registered
257 Posts
It's not really that hard to maintain a car, bring it to the car wash and in for its periodic maintenance. I did the bare minimum and the car is still going after almost 10 years.

·
Registered
551 Posts
It's not really that hard to maintain a car, bring it to the car wash and in for its periodic maintenance. I did the bare minimum and the car is still going after almost 10 years.

You'd be surprised at the amount of people who don't do any of that neither the oil changes, and of course the owners manual gets buried in dust so deep they can't find it. :grin2:

Sucks for whoever will be buying those used.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Lol a lot of people completely disregard the owners manual like it's a darn brochure or the morning papers.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts