Toyota C-HR Forum banner

Consumer Reports most reliable auto brands.

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  zx10guy 
#1 ·
https://www.consumerreports.org/car-reliability-owner-satisfaction/who-makes-the-most-reliable-cars/

Interesting to see Consumer Reports state the C-HR is the least reliable car in Toyota's line up. While I haven't had my car for a year yet, I have put a decent number of miles on it...16,600. So far the only thing I've had happen which my dealer says will occasionally occur is the active braking system will go off line in certain rain conditions. Other than that, the car has been pretty trouble free and I've been able to achieve better than the rated EPA fuel economy ratings on a consistent basis.

#3 ·
I haven't ran into that ABS problem yet!

My TPM is being dumb though, coming on/off by itself.

#4 ·
It's not an ABS issue. It's tied to the active braking system where for some reason between the radar sensor behind the Toyota emblem on the front grill and the camera mounted in the rear view mirror housing goes hay wire under some heavy rain conditions. You still have full braking including ABS. But the car will not self brake before it thinks there's a imminent collision. When this happens, there's warning message stating the system is disabled along with a gauge warning light.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.