Toyota C-HR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my 2018 chr xle premium and plan to replace the door speakers with focal k2 powers. And will be making custom fiberglass boxes for 2 12 inch focal flax performance speakers and running a helix dsp for time alignment and eq. Has anyone added a four channel amp yet to the standard 6 speaker setup. I’m a professional audio installer.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Most on here are working more to change the HU out first because of the lack of connectivity and options. Interested to see what you have in store for your CHR as I have been looking at a complete audio overhaul myself. Please keep adding to this thread updated as you go.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I don't think anyone has overhauled the audio system yet, at least not to your extend so you could be the first one to do it. Wouldn't say no to a step by step thread from you.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I just bought my 2018 chr xle premium and plan to replace the door speakers with focal k2 powers. And will be making custom fiberglass boxes for 2 12 inch focal flax performance speakers and running a helix dsp for time alignment and eq. Has anyone added a four channel amp yet to the standard 6 speaker setup. I’m a professional audio installer.
What did he just say? WAY too deep for me! Lol!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Lol. I think in terms of audio the only thing that owners on here have done so far is swap out the head unit. You'll definitely be the first to run a set up like that. Two 12's is going to hit pretty hard in a small crossover like the CH-R aha.

·
Registered
352 Posts
While you have the door panels open, look up those UK guys who added insulation and sound deadening unto the doors. They used some kind of tape or something.

Reactions: SiR

·
Registered
551 Posts
While you have the door panels open, look up those UK guys who added insulation and sound deadening unto the doors. They used some kind of tape or something.
Great suggestion. Most of the guys I know that do that sort of thing use Dynamat which is primarily known for sound insulation. It should also help in maintaining cabin temperature.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I've seen someone stuff extra foam for sound deadening purposes. Seems like an easier job than taping things down.
https://www.chrforums.uk/viewtopic.php?t=399

These guys used rubber based tape that absorbs vibration? Prob wouldn't hurt adding some of those foam stuff after that as well. The hardest part, really, is just undoing all the panels. The rest is just time and patience.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hmmm... I will be doing the same... but with different equipment. 🙂

·
Registered
119 Posts
Ha sanyone routed power wire from the battery to inside the cabin yet. I looked under the dash (drivers side) and the grommet I saw had some hard plastic nut?? around it. I don't think i can poke thru it. Any other ideas on how to get a wire in? I want to pass an 8 ga wire to power a "powered Subwoofer Box" that will go in the back.

Any help will be appreciated.

Waiting till the weekend to give this another try. My New Kenwood is already installed but I am still missing the sub.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Ha sanyone routed power wire from the battery to inside the cabin yet. I looked under the dash (drivers side) and the grommet I saw had some hard plastic nut?? around it. I don't think i can poke thru it. Any other ideas on how to get a wire in? I want to pass an 8 ga wire to power a "powered Subwoofer Box" that will go in the back.

Any help will be appreciated.

Waiting till the weekend to give this another try. My New Kenwood is already installed but I am still missing the sub.

Which kenwood did you go with?? I just put in the new 9905s and love it compared to the factory unit from Toyota.

Any luck running that power wire?? That's my next mission... except I'll be running 4 guage for a 900 rms watt 5-channel amp

·
Registered
119 Posts
Which kenwood did you go with?? I just put in the new 9905s and love it compared to the factory unit from Toyota.

Any luck running that power wire?? That's my next mission... except I'll be running 4 guage for a 900 rms watt 5-channel amp
Same Radio. I also Installed the DDX9905S and boy is it sweet.
Also Installed the Subwoofer. Check my Signature for the Links to my installs.

Not sure if you can fit the 4GA wire from the spot I routed the 8 GA.

Post pictures of your install when you get around it..

·
Registered
33 Posts
I can't see your signature from my.phone, I'll have to wait till it get back to fort lauderdale.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts