Toyota C-HR Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, made an account just to post.

For reference: 2018 CHR, bought in November of 2019 with 40,000 miles on it. Haven't had any problems except a bad water pump so far until now.

So, today was my second trip to the dealership for them to tell me my car is running fine and beautifully.
My first visit was for clunking and banging in the engine, which the techs couldn't reproduce; my second was for smoke smells and burned plastic/rubber smells.
The technician test drove the car with me, where I smelled it multiple times, and he said CHR motors are the best in the company and they hadn't had a problem with transmissions or any engine yet. Does anyone know what it could be? No lights, nothing weird, just smokey when I accelerate and making it intolerable to drive the car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all, made an account just to post.

For reference: 2018 CHR, bought in November of 2019 with 40,000 miles on it. Haven't had any problems except a bad water pump so far until now.

So, today was my second trip to the dealership for them to tell me my car is running fine and beautifully.
My first visit was for clunking and banging in the engine, which the techs couldn't reproduce; my second was for smoke smells and burned plastic/rubber smells.
The technician test drove the car with me, where I smelled it multiple times, and he said CHR motors are the best in the company and they hadn't had a problem with transmissions or any engine yet. Does anyone know what it could be? No lights, nothing weird, just smokey when I accelerate and making it intolerable to drive the car.
Might be the Hand brake catching as there was a recall for that problem
My 2017 CHR won’t drive up hill as it loses power and all lights flash at me with warning to see the dealer

1 - 2 of 2 Posts