Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My CHR is 2018 NGX 10 almost done 50000kms. Recently I found issues with cylinder 1 and cylinder 2 injectors, I had to replace them. Is this a common fault in CHRs? , I've heard mostly there's an issue with cylinder no.3 injector within first 100000km (normally 50000-60000 km)

·
Registered
4 Posts
My CHR is 2018 NGX 10 almost done 50000kms. Recently I found issues with cylinder 1 and cylinder 2 injectors, I had to replace them. Is this a common fault in CHRs? , I've heard mostly there's an issue with cylinder no.3 injector within first 100000km (normally 50000-60000 km)
I am Namal from Sri Lanka. My car also faced same issue which has done only 38,000km. I took the car to fix at Toyota company. They replaced cylinder 4 injector. Then the problem resolved by 95%. Still minor knocking is there. They said the same issue prevails with No.1, 2 injectors and suggested to replace later. This is a very costly affair....!!!.. They say the issue come due to bad quality of petrol. I used only 95 petrol. Many CHRs in Sri Lanka has faced the same issue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am Namal from Sri Lanka. My car also faced same issue which has done only 38,000km. I took the car to fix at Toyota company. They replaced cylinder 4 injector. Then the problem resolved by 95%. Still minor knocking is there. They said the same issue prevails with No.1, 2 injectors and suggested to replace later. This is a very costly affair....!!!.. They say the issue come due to bad quality of petrol. I used only 95 petrol. Many CHRs in Sri Lanka has faced the same issue.
Again another issue. This time indicated "brake override malfunction" and "check engine". I am inToyota now, think this time I have to replace No.3 or No. 4 Injector.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Me too face major issue last week end. Last Friday I got the car from Toyota replacing No.4 injector. But on Saturday/Sunday again gave similar issues in firing. Then car didn't start even..... :-(((.... Today took to Toyota. They did the scan and showed me No.1 injector us out of order. Also said 2 and 3 also time to time malfunction. Decided to replace No.1 injector... Lots of bucks.......... :-(((

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Again another issue. This time indicated "brake override malfunction" and "check engine". I am inToyota now, think this time I have to replace No.3 or No. 4 Injector.

·
Registered
4 Posts
bad luck..... !!!... Yesterday I wrote to Toyota company customer care in Sri Lanka. Today i got a response saying they will investigate on my issue.
Pran , you are from which country?

·
Registered
2 Posts
My car has done nearly 120,000 km ! Engine alert notifications coming up after some shuddering and losing power at times. My mechanic identified a misfire that comes and goes on cylinder 2, he tried to order parts and was told 6 week back order. Conveniently no other manufacturers parts can be used on CHR. Made second enquiry requesting that the order be listed as urgent and he was told that the part could not be sold to him as the fuel injector was becoming a recall shortly. I have since contacted local dealership and they are stating part is available as still listed on system, no recalls. Why would this authorized parts dealer make this statement. Have contacted Toyota Australia to resolve the issue, they were supposed to get back to me this afternoon but did not. NOT HAPPY ! I work for myself and have lost 5 days work this week so far.
I will update when I find out more.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My car has done nearly 120,000 km ! Engine alert notifications coming up after some shuddering and losing power at times. My mechanic identified a misfire that comes and goes on cylinder 2, he tried to order parts and was told 6 week back order. Conveniently no other manufacturers parts can be used on CHR. Made second enquiry requesting that the order be listed as urgent and he was told that the part could not be sold to him as the fuel injector was becoming a recall shortly. I have since contacted local dealership and they are stating part is available as still listed on system, no recalls. Why would this authorized parts dealer make this statement. Have contacted Toyota Australia to resolve the issue, they were supposed to get back to me this afternoon but did not. NOT HAPPY ! I work for myself and have lost 5 days work this week so far.
I will update when I find out more.

Sad to hear.....!!!... Injector issue becoming a serious issue for CHR....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts