Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So i made a start routing the cable for my project. I could not get to the grommet i wanted tocuse. So went the door route.
After putting the cable through the plastic grommet i used rubber sealant so to create a good seal.
I used cable ties to keep the cable secure.

More pictures to follow

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Things have moved along from the amp i wanted to install. As i travel alot i decided to change it up abit. But had issues with this smart isolator the chr has a smart alternator so had to change it for a old style isolator. i have used 1500w amp cable for the install as i dont need to move large amounts of power. batterys normally fully charged by 2hrs from full use all day...
Light Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Circuit component Electrical wiring

New one installed, old style isolator below works perfect...
Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Adapter Electrical wiring Circuit component

Works perfect. To get around using a switched i just took a main feed of the cigarette plug with a fuse. So it switches on when i turn engine on
I picked up a volt meter on ebay £4 and installed it in the glove box. Perfect to monitor batter when engine is off
Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design Motor vehicle Trunk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I have installed 4 usb plugs running off the boot battery ..

I used 3 amp buck chargers to charge faster and charge battery packs. May not look like it from the picture below. I need togo back and sort it all out. Probably rip it out and start again..
Cable Gadget Wire Font Output device

Electrical wiring Gadget Electricity Audio equipment Computer hardware

charging a battery pack. charges faster than my home charger. i have had 2 on charge at once while at work and there fully charged no problem when i finish
Organism Asphalt Walking shoe Font Art

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Project 2

Install a second battery in the other side of my boot. these batterys are only small but deep cycle battery. didnt want to take up to much room

Went well.
with this installation of a second cigarette plug and some usb ports. As i have a cigarette plug kettle.
Motor vehicle Gas Electrical wiring Cable Audio equipment

I looked around for a battery monitor i can use on my phone. Picked this up below perfect for my needs​
Gadget Font Video game accessory Compact cassette Tool

Upto now im thinking need my laptop with me while traveling. So onto my next project.
Any questions im happy to answer...

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Project 4

This was a big ish project. Alot of research needed.

So all complete

Buck dv converter installed. Input 10v to 24v. Output 19.5v
2 switches installed. 1 for cigarette plug and 1 for laptop charger. link here Car Cigarette Lighter Socket Splitter Charger
Bluetooth battery monitor sorted
4 fuses installed

Complete
Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design

I have had this boost converter running for 6hrs non-stop, the box it is in does get warm. but perfectly fine..

Along the way pictures below..

Before project
Hood Automotive design Automotive tire Trunk Audio equipment

DC buck converter was a mess about.. had to workout what voltage was of my laptop. 19.5v is the standard with the look of it..
link here boost converter.. you will need to set it to19.5v there is a adjustable screw on the board. i used 1mm power cable. this is rated way more than i need it for..
Circuit component Electrical wiring Motor vehicle Hardware programmer Audio equipment

Wired up
Electrical wiring Electronic instrument Audio equipment Gadget Automotive lighting

Laptop charging
Computer Input device Personal computer World Computer keyboard

Off to wales i go....

i have done car stereo installs in the past and so if you have any questions i am happy to answer what ever it is you want to ask.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
For my 2020 I had to use the only grommet I found...which is right behind the battery to towards the left. I used a blade to cut a slit and pass the power wire through.
i did look at that. but thought it was alot of messing around. the side of the door was easy to push through used a screw driver and some string

·
Registered
72 Posts
Things have moved along from the amp i wanted to install. As i travel alot i decided to change it up abit. But had issues with this smart isolator the chr has a smart alternator so had to change it for a old style isolator. i have used 1500w amp cable for the install as i dont need to move large amounts of power. batterys normally fully charged by 2hrs from full use all day...
View attachment 6390

New one installed, old style isolator below works perfect...
View attachment 6391
What type of issues did you have with the isolator? I asked because I've also installed a smart isolator (along with a 2nd battery) close to a year ago and I haven't had any issues (2020 C-HR).
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle door Personal luxury car

Vehicle Automotive lighting Car Hood Motor vehicle

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Thats a really nice install. I have seen your install in previous installs. I found the vsr switching on and off rapidly due to low voltage. I have found the smart sensor and its easy to turn off Link but dont like to mess to much. I just went back to what i know and used a old isolator method i used a million times. No isues works perfect

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thanks...for the power/ground wiring I went with OFC 0 & 4 gauge from Knukonceptz. The speakers (4 - Down4Sound 6.5" - 180w RMS ea./tweeters - JBL) are wired from the head unit > AudioControl LC7i > Hifonics Amps via Speedwire 9 conductor & Sky High 14 gauge OFC speaker wire. I'm a big fan of ferrules and pin connectors to finalize my connections. The 2nd battery/installation was made with XS POWER XP750-CK - XP FLEX, 4 AWG 1000-1500W Install Kit and XP750 Battery Combo with 511 Mount

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.