Toyota C-HR Forum banner

Center Display Screen/Infotainment Black Out

14K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  toqirmohammed2 
#1 ·
Hi Guys,

I have a 2018 CH-R, It's 1yr and 5mons old today. My concern is that the center display screen or infotainment screen suddenly went black. It doesn't turn on for a few days until now.

I went to Toyota right away, and they said they might replace the head unit worth $5,000.00!!! I'm like no way, it's only 1yr old, and I only use it for music nothing else. I asked the guy, maybe it was the fuse or something, then he replied right away that it's not, I'm like how the **** did you know, you haven't touch the car.

So maybe guys you know how to solve this without spending any money, is it the fuse? or I saw this video that remove the (-) side of the battery then pump the brakes 10times then connect the battery again.

Any suggestions or solutions are welcome.

Thank you so much. Appreciate it. :smile2:

#3 ·
My first Toyota and hate their service department to death. They're lazy and not willing to work at all. No matter what i told them for my C-HR they came back and said everything is fine
Your car should still be under warranty and dealer has to replace the radio of it's not working. If no warranty don't even think about getting that crappy radio and consider this an opportunity to get rid of it for ever. There are so many aftermarket radios available that are far superior than this $5000 worth of piece of junk

#4 ·
I don't understand the resistance to the dealer replacing the head unit under warranty.

When the screen blanks out, are you getting any sound out of the head unit? The reason the service adviser stated there is nothing to chase down such as a fuse is because a fuse either conducts power or it doesn't. That's what a fuse is. Chances are it's something internal to the head unit.

#5 ·
Mine did the same thing. Unfortunately I am overseas and though my car is under warranty, Toyota US has disowned me. I believe that all you need is the software to be rebooted. I’d go back and ask the dealer to reinstall the software or even the firmware. They should do this free. Also, as others have stated, your car is under warranty. Have them replace it.
Or do as I did and just spend. $300 and replace it with something better. I got a compatible unit from Cruthfield, with Apple Car Play and I am so much happier!