Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my Toyota C-HR back in May 2018 and i love it.
But i want to be able to use Android Auto on it, does any of you know if it's possible for Toyota to "install" it in my 2017/2018 model? Or are there 3rd party solutions?

· Premium Member
524 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, you should have the full double DIN non-Entune head unit. If so, you should be able to go out and buy any of the available double DIN aftermarket head units from say Pioneer and have it installed in place of the factory unit. You may need to have an interface box to get the steering wheel controls to work with the aftermarket head unit.

· Registered
19 Posts
I got my Toyota C-HR back in May 2018 and i love it.
But i want to be able to use Android Auto on it, does any of you know if it's possible for Toyota to "install" it in my 2017/2018 model? Or are there 3rd party solutions?
Hi, I drive the 2018 C-HR, the infotainment is quite archic, so I had an aftermarket infotainment installed - Apple Carplay, Android Connect - practically mirrors my connected device & the steering controls work like its factory installed.
You might want to explore that.
Cheers !!

· Registered
396 Posts
ya there are a bunch of posts here people changing out their head unit. I got a kenwood headunit with android auto sitting on my shelf... eventually I'll get bored enough to put it in. Was waiting for support to be available for idatalink maestro, it now is.

Reactions: Dagey

· Registered
19 Posts
ya there are a bunch of posts here people changing out their head unit. I got a kenwood headunit with android auto sitting on my shelf... eventually I'll get bored enough to put it in. Was waiting for support to be available for idatalink maestro, it now is.
I got a JVC
I got a JVCKenwood and every control on the steering works just fine as it should.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts