Toyota C-HR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
I really like that. For me, calipers either need to be black, a heavy contrasting color, or body matched. If you would have done a regular red, it would look super weird.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I really like that. For me, calipers either need to be black, a heavy contrasting color, or body matched. If you would have done a regular red, it would look super weird.
Thanks! It makes the car look complete and it is easy to do.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How did you get the exact same color for caliper paint ?? (high heat)
Easy. Go to Walmart there is a HUGE selection. Mine is so close in color it is perfect. Also, dont do the hype thing with "caliper paint and high temp".. Been using $3.89 paint with a clear coat spray finish on all my sports cars (Vette's, BMW's, Porsche) for over 20 years and never an issue... Thanks!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Always thought that paint would end up flaking or whatever because of the excessive heat if you don't use that enamel stuff that doesn't come in any nice colors lol.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Always thought that paint would end up flaking or whatever because of the excessive heat if you don't use that enamel stuff that doesn't come in any nice colors lol.
The calipers should be new or cleaned. Any paint on dirty or rusted calipers will flake off. Like I mentioned, 20 years never an issue. Use steel wool on old calipers and paint 2-3 coats, let each coat dry before applying next coat. One coat of clear spray to seal deal! :wink2:

·
Registered
48 Posts
LOL :D

Why didn't you go for blue instead of red? I think that might match even better, or you just want to have classic Brembo look lol?
Nah >:)>:)

Caz some of the "sports car" comes with the red calipers in Europe like Focus ST and Golf GTI. I just want it looks more "Sporty" :laugh::laugh::laugh:"

Attachments

·
Registered
551 Posts
It would be cool to see someone here take inspiration from Toyota TMG group colors since it would look official and provide these CH-R's that extra bit of styling edge that it needs.

·
Registered
27 Posts
so what is the process of painting your own caliper? and how much you spend? instructions would be really appreciated since I really want to paint mine but really have no clue where to start. (hey dont judge me, im a first timer) !

1 - 14 of 14 Posts