Toyota C-HR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at the C-HR maiontenece log, not much needs to be done to the car every 5,000 miles unless you go off-roading with the thing. Most of it is just inspecting fluid levels, wiper blades, brakes, and rotate tires. Then every other visit if to change oil and fluids.

I decided to check the logs after reading somewhere online that the spark plugs in general should be changed out around 30,000 miles. That's not the case here because it only has to be done when it fails or at 120,000 miles/144 months.

·
Registered
257 Posts
That's pretty much the usual maintenance schedule for any Toyota vehicle so I'm not quite sure where you're going with this. Prices can vary depending on your dealership so I just go to my buddy's garage and keep a record of every visit in case of warranty disputes.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Looking at the C-HR maiontenece log, not much needs to be done to the car every 5,000 miles unless you go off-roading with the thing. Most of it is just inspecting fluid levels, wiper blades, brakes, and rotate tires. Then every other visit if to change oil and fluids.

I decided to check the logs after reading somewhere online that the spark plugs in general should be changed out around 30,000 miles. That's not the case here because it only has to be done when it fails or at 120,000 miles/144 months.
So they are saying every 10,000 for an oil change?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Thats actually become pretty common on new cars, especially when using full synthetic. German cars have had those kinds of intervals for years already.

·
Registered
97 Posts
In Belgium it's every 9320miles(15.000km) OR 1year. Whichever comes first!

for example if you only do 500miles/year, you have to change it every year.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I don't think that you'll damage anything, but it may result in you having to spend more money. If the techs find the oil to be too dirty they may suggest a system flush.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I have a bad habit of going a bit over the suggested maintenance mileage. Guess it's time for me to fix it if the dirty oil could result in a systems flush.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts